CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Employee Interface Customization

• 1.  Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 06:12 AM

Hi;

How can i hide the "My Bookmarks" and "Submit Knowledge" from the employee interface, in addition i would like temporary hide the following:

"Join Analyst Now"
    "Live Chat"
    "Service Desk contact information and hours of operation" from the same employee interface.

is it something related to the option manager, or shall i customize them through the web screen painter, if it will be though the web screen painter and someone did it, appreciate if he can share it with me.

Best Regards;

Mohamed ElFahd

• 2.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 09:28 AM

HI Mohamed,

You will need to do this via WSP.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Mohamed EIFahd,

For the "Join Analyst Now" and "Live Chat" items - those are tied to Support Automation being enabled.  If you disable support automation (by running pdm configure and removing the support automation pieces), the employee interface will no longer show those two items.

For the "My Bookmarks" and "Submit Knowledge" items - you can simply remove the access to Create Knowledge, and Add Bookmarks from the Knowledge Tools tab on the Role(s) for your employees.  Here is a screenshot of the default employee role with those two things removed:

Simply remove the checkmark those two check boxes and save the role.  Anyone logged in using that role would need to log out and log back in to see the changes.

For the link for "Service Desk contact information and hours of operation" - you will need to edit the home.htmpl form using WSP, and remove the following section of code:

<PDM_LINK OP="DISPLAY_FORM"
    HTMPL="about.htmpl"
    class="emp portlet_body_text"
    onmouseover="window.status = &quot;About&quot;; return true;"
    onmouseout="window.status = window.defaultStatus; return true;">Service Desk contact information and hours of operation</PDM_LINK>
    </td>
    </tr>

Then save, and publish the form, and then run pdm_webcache to clear the webengine cache.  Then if you log out and log back in, you should no longer see that link there.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 12:28 PM

Thanks Jon and Brian for your feedback, i have one more concern regarding the "Join Analyst Now" and "Live Chat" items.

if i need these two option to be only available to the analyst and disabled for the employees, can i do it too from the Employees role or it must be though the WSP!!

Best Regards;

Mohamed El-Fahd

• 5.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 12:31 PM

Haytham,

Those options are tied to the Role by the "Support Automation Access Level". By default an analyst won't see these options from an Analyst Role. It can only be seen on a employee/customer based role.

• 6.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:22 PM

Thanks alexander for your feedback; sorry for miss typo i just mean the live assistance for the analyst interface.

• 7.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:38 PM

Thanks Alex_Perretti!

@m.fahd - did we answer all your concerns on this? If so, please mark the most appropriate reply here as correct

Thanks!

Jon

• 8.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:47 PM

Just one last concern, disabling the support automation from running the pdm_configure will disable both live chat and joining the analyst from the employee interface, its fine with me but will the live assistance on the analyst interface will be removed too!!

i just want the live assistance to be available to at the analyst interface

• 9.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:50 PM

Mohamed,

Can you provide some detail of how you'd envision the analyst from accessing live assistance? As I mentioned, the option for an analyst role to access Support Automation as an End User doesn't exist, they'd need to change the Role to an Employee role.

• 10.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:51 PM

Yes - as Alex mentioned, if you remove it in pdm configure, then support automation will no longer be installed and functioning.  It will be removed for everyone.

If you simply remove their access to it from their role - but leave it for the analyst, then it will work for you.

Jon

• 11.  Re: Employee Interface Customization

Posted Oct 18, 2017 01:55 PM

Thanks alot jon for your feedback that is what i want to confirm with you guys.

u r the best in CA