Clarity

• 1.  Why limit input characters in jaspersoft schedule email recipient textboxes for TO, CC and BCC?

Posted Oct 18, 2017 11:33 AM

After some debugging I figured out the compressed js containing this

,define("text!scheduler/template/editor/notificationsTabTemplate.htm",[],function(){return'<!-- PPM Customization -->\r\n<!-- Added UI Input Text limit to 100 matching DB Field limits -->\r\n<!-- PPM Customization -->\r\n<div class="notificationsTab">\

this does not make sense, at least the above comment as Table "PPM_JASPERSOFT"."JIREPORTJOBMAILRECIPIENT"  stores the addresses with each address limited to 100 characters, jasper puts comma separated emailids into separate rows anyways, that makes me feel that the input text can be unlimited.

I am trying to override this customization and will keep all posted if I succeed.. 

Nika_Hadzhikidi, what do you think?

• 2.  Re: Why limit input characters in jaspersoft schedule email recipient textboxes for TO, CC and BCC?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2017 12:21 PM

Here is the fix to this problem

Simply search for maxlength="100" and change it to maxlength="1000" – So add one zero to the length.. this is to be replaced 5 times in this file

tomcat_js/webapps/reportservice/optimized-scripts/bower_components/jrs-ui/src/scheduler/SchedulerController.js