AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Job start after the previous job been running for 1 min

Posted Oct 18, 2017 10:00 PM

Hi DE's expert,

My customer had a sequential jobs like this : A -> B -> C -> D.

Job C will start after job B been running for 1 min. As well as with Job D. Job D will run after job C been running for 1 min.

How DE handles that case?

Thank you

Rio

• 2.  Re: Job start after the previous job been running for 1 min

Posted Oct 19, 2017 08:07 AM

Hi Rio, 

Here is one possibility. I am not sure I understand the exact scenario.  

Have job A release B and C and D. When job A ends job B starts immediately. In job C use the"Delay submission when eligible by 1 minutes" on the Time Dependencies tab. Set job D to wait 2 minutes before starting.

Let me know if I "missed the boat" . 

Don

• 3.  Re: Job start after the previous job been running for 1 min
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 12:13 AM

Hi,

You can use OVERDUE and ALERT to accomplish this.  Create an Alert in Services -> Alerts.  Put this Javascript in the alert and save it with a name, e.g.  MY_RUN_ALERT

execCommand('JOBB', 'MY_APPLICATION.0', 'ACTION READY Reason("I want next job to run after 1 minute")');

In your JOBA, go to Time Dependencies.  There, set 'Overdue if execution time exceeds (in minutes)' to 1. 

Next, go to Notifications of the JOBA and set an Alert for OVERDUE and select the alert you created above.

If your JOBA will run for more than a minute, the time dependency will set it to OVERDUE.  The OVERDUE will kick in the ALERT that will run the JavaScript and set your next job (JOBB) in READY state.

Let me know if this works for you.  

Thank you,

Nitin Pande

CA Technologies

• 4.  Re: Job start after the previous job been running for 1 min

Posted Oct 20, 2017 12:05 PM

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for your reply. Actually this morning I have solved this. My approach was almost same as your recommendation
    My alert that I created was execcommand('JOBB','%(APPL._NAME).%(APPL._GEN)','Action DropDep');
    I set the OVERDUE 1 min at JOBA and set the Notification use the Alert above.
    The result looks same to your recommendation.

Regards,

Rio