Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

• 1.  Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 19, 2017 12:24 PM

It was my impression that the Timesheet functionality has been entirely shifted to the new UX, but I see from the page https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/using/getting-started-with-classic-ca-ppm that the 'Current (personal) Timesheet' icon is characterized in the application menubar, and the 'Timesheets' command remains in the 'Home' menu. When our non-production environment was upgraded, we noted that these two options had dropped, with access to Timesheets being only available through the New UX and its carosel functionality.

Could anyone tell me whether the screenshots might be incorrect, or whether there is something of menu/action access configuration that I might have missed.

Thanks,

Will

• 2.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2017 12:44 PM

My understanding is that when the new timesheet interface is enabled any access to the old timesheet interface is disabled.

• 3.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 19, 2017 01:39 PM

Thanks Steve. Confirmed.

• 4.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 19, 2017 01:14 PM

Yet to do an upgrade to R15.3 but in my newly installed R15.3 system, with PMO installed, if I set the Activate New User Experience  check box under Administration, General Settings, System Options, New User Experience section, and saved the greyed out Activate Timesheets checkbox could be updated.

Found once Activate Timesheets was set, then only TS from the New UX available and nothing from the classic. However, it the Activate Timesheets was unchecked the option was removed from the new UX and the original icons appeared.

The following SQL will show if this Option is Set (1) or not set (0) in the system

SELECT

value

FROM

CMN_OPTION_VALUES

WHERE OPTION_ID=(SELECT ID FROM CMN_OPTIONS WHERE OPTION_CODE = 'TIMESHEET_WAR_APP_ENABLED')  

• 5.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 19, 2017 02:04 PM

Yes, I believe that this setting functions as a toggle.

• 6.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 12:14 PM

Hi Will

If you enable the new time sheet from new UX the old timesheet link is disabled, so you can let the toggle be off and create an action link to ensure both are available

example: http://servername/pm/#/timesheets/staff 

• 7.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 20, 2017 02:36 PM

I wonder what would be te best Object to attach the Action to?

• 8.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 02:56 PM

Project object is what I would say, and place under personal menu from menu manger

• 9.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 19, 2017 01:36 PM

I just found the answer to my own question.

The 'Activate Timesheets' option in the 'New User Experience' section of the 'Systems Options' page toggles the functionality from Classic UI to New UX and back. It seems to not be possible to offer both concurrently in the same environment.

• 10.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 20, 2017 02:05 PM

Just wondering again....

When you Activate Timesheets the menu item disappears, but does it do anything else?

The timesheet list page seems to remain and to be accessible with a direct link.

Is there a risk in using the classic timesheets while the new one is activated?

• 11.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 02:55 PM

New as well classic ui both access same table structure and I don't think there is any harm to keep both.

The reason it was put to toggle with an intention that if an organisation has gone for new timesheet UX they won't probably need old UX and to avoid confusion it was turned off.

• 12.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Oct 20, 2017 03:02 PM

Thanks Suman. That could be it as the functionality is basically the same in both and as you say less confusion if you have only one.

• 13.  Re: Classic Timesheet View in 15.3?

Posted Dec 23, 2017 08:19 AM

Apparently that is not recommended nor supported. See

Workaround: Revert to Classic CA PPM 15.3 'Enter a Reason' for Returned Timesheet