CA Service Management

• 1.  ODBC error: running a report

Posted Oct 19, 2017 06:52 PM

Hi masters,

Please help me.  Using BOXI 4.1 SP3 version 14.1.3.1257.

After reinstall , an odbc error : datasource name nor found and no default driver specified , occurring when I try to update a report, both custom or not.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Rgds.

• 2.  Re: ODBC error: running a report
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 19, 2017 10:03 PM

Hi Rubem,

You mention a reinstall.  Did you run the 'Configure' action from the Service Management installer after the reinstall?  Check your ODBC connections - is there a System DSN named 'casd_your-SDM-hostname'? 

You will probably find both a 32-bit and a 64-bit DSN. Test each from the relevant ODBC manager (the 32-bit manager and the 64-bit manager), giving 'servicedesk' as the userid and using the privileged user password.  Can you connect? 

Once the DSNs test OK, open Universe designer and Import the CA Service Desk universe.  When the universe has imported, look at File / Parameters and check the Connection.  Is it 'casd_your-SDM-hostname'?  If not, change it. Test the connection.  When you get a successful test, if you have edited the universe connection, Save the universe then Export it back to CABI.  Then see if you can run a report.

Hope that helps :-)

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: ODBC error: running a report

Posted Oct 20, 2017 09:49 AM

Hi James - this doc may help a bit:

When using CA Business Intelligence (CABI) Reports, strange special/non-printable characters are seen in the Query filte… 

Most likely it has to do with the ODBC version that is installed.

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: ODBC error: running a report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:14 AM

Rubem.........

After uninstalling and reinstalling the SDM ODBC driver as specified in the article that Jon_Israel provided, you can follow the steps in the following document to setup the SDM-CABI ODBC data sources:

Unable to run CA Business Intelligence (CABI) 4.1 Out of the box reports due to a Database error (architecture mismatch) 

• 5.  Re: ODBC error: running a report

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:33 AM

Thanks Paul_Coccimiglio!  

@rubem - Please give this a shot and let us know the results!

• 6.  Re: ODBC error: running a report

Posted Oct 20, 2017 02:33 PM

Hi Jon_Israel, the answer sent by James solved my problem . Following the steps and change the name of the SDM hostname in the universe section got good result.

Thank you all to help us. Best regards.

• 7.  Re: ODBC error: running a report

Posted Oct 23, 2017 08:11 AM

Thanks rubem  - thats great news!

Have a great week