CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Melis YAZICI

Melis YAZICIOct 20, 2017 10:49 AM

• 1.  Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:21 AM

Hi,

How to downland and save videos in the systems?

Mine Gizem BAYRAKAL

• 2.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:32 AM

Hello Mine,

I would like to ask if you could clarify what you're trying to do with Service Management and video files.  Can you provide a use case that describes what you are trying to achieve?  Are you planning to build a full out repository of videos which would be stored within Service Desk for instance?  How large are the video files, and what format are they?

I would imagine handling them as attachments might be the solution, but I'd like further clarification on your question.

• 3.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:50 AM

There is no problem with the video sizeI want to download videos to my computer.

• 4.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 11:58 AM

Hello,

Do you mean you want to download video files that have been stored as attachments within Service Desk?  If so, these would be no different than any attachment file that would have been uploaded to Service Desk, limited by the attachment repository settings on file sizes and extensions.

Can you confirm where these videos are stored?  

• 5.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:35 AM

Hi Yazici,

Can you clarify specifically what you are looking to do here?  I am not sure I understand what you are looking to do with Videos and how in context of CA Service Desk Manager.  Please give us a use case or description of what the need is, and we can provide you with some insight

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 6.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:49 AM

Hi,

I want to download videos to my computer..

• 7.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2017 12:50 PM

Are the video files attachments on Service Desk Manager tickets? If so, do other attachments work without any issue?

• 8.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 20, 2017 01:47 PM

Yazici,

Can you tell us what videos you are talking about specifically?  Where are these videos?  Are they attachments to tickets in Service Desk?

Jon

• 9.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:22 AM

I'm attachmenting video like a Word file. I click on the link but it does not download

• 10.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:26 AM

Yazici, 

Where are you attaching these?  Are you attaching them to tickets or knowledge docs?  If you are attaching them to knowledge docs, are you putting a link to the attachment in the doc?   Can you give us a screenshot of hovering over the link so we can see what the URL is that its pointing to?

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 11.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:32 AM

I'm forwarding a screenshot

I want to download it when I click on it

• 12.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:39 AM

Hi Yazici, 

OK so you are attaching videos to tickets... now what happens when you click on the link for the video?

I am guessing its either getting blocked by the browser or some other security setting if nothing happens...

Also what type of video file is it?  I dont see a file extension on it.  Is it an mpeg, avi or other?

Jon

• 13.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:49 AM

The type of file mp4

This screen is showing. He's not doing anything else.

• 14.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:54 AM

Yes so it is trying to play the video. Though it looks like it is failing at that too. I tried doing this in an internal lab and can't get it to play the video while it is an attachment in SDM even though I can if I was to link it an .html file. It might be browser related. Let me check my other browsers. Which browser are you using? Also can you please upload the video file to this thread?

Edit: Nevermind I just tried Chrome and am seeing the same thing. This would be a Chrome issue right now. Let me see if there is something we can do on the Chrome side or perhaps the Server Side.

• 15.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:14 AM

Hi,

I tried this TECDOC and it worked for me. Give this a try and let me know if it resolved your issue:

'CDownloadFile', Error:AHD04012:Security id () not found or hasexpired 

• 16.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:28 AM

Is it playing instead of downloading or just not doing anything at all? Would it be possible to upload the video file you are using?

• 17.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:06 AM

If you have mp4 file in your computer locally, can you double click to play/view the video?

• 18.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:38 AM

To answer the question: How to downland and save videos in the systems?
    Please check out the following techdocs. You can have Service Desk Tomcat to have Save As for video attachment when user click on the attached video files in Service Desk tickets. It would allow users to save/download the video to the local system instead of using the browser to open it. Then, open/play/view the downloaded video as long as your system have proper video player to view the type  (wmv, mp3, mp4, avi, mpeg) of video.

TEC1212791 - pdf Attachments with Microsoft Edge
    https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1212791.html

You can add the video format (mp4) to the save_as_dialog_ext like the techdoc for pdf type attachment.

• 19.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems

Posted Oct 23, 2017 12:59 PM

Hi melis.yazici - did the document from Chun and Anthony help you out here?

If so, please mark one of the replies with the link as correct

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 20.  Re: Downlands and Save Videos Problems
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2017 02:31 AM

Thank you for your suggestions. The problem came from the browser. The problem was solved when I tried it with Explorer