CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Empty report running user report.

• 1.  Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 08:56 AM

Hi masters , how ya doin´ this morning?

Would you please help to fix one more problem.

Open CA Service desk ,click on Reports and nothing is showed. I see the url http://<hostname>/CAisd/html/empty.html.

What happens ? Configuration , firewall rule , user rights or anything more ?

Thanks once more for your assistance.

Regards,

Rubem 

• 2.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 09:39 AM

Hi Rubem,

Is this the Reports tab or the Reports on the menubar?

• 3.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 09:58 AM

Rubem, are you referring to the Reports tab itself (like for BOXI reports), or are you talking about the simple detail/summary reports from the reports drop-down menu in the service desk interface?

Let us know,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi Rubem, 

If the issue you mentioned is within the Reports tab, this can be caused by a number of issues:

-Configuration: Ensure the values in Options Manager -> Web Report are set correctly. Also, ensure the Trusted Principal file is copied over to the primary SDM server.

-Firewall: Ensure that the port range 6400-6410 is open on the BOXI server and allows bi-directional communication between it and the SDM primary server.

-User Specific: If this issue happens for only specific users, you can confirm if their contact record exists in the Central Management Console -> Users and Groups. If they do not exist here, add a new contact record and ensure that the username and password are an exact match to the username and password that user logs in to SDM with.

If none of these solve your issue, i'd recommend opening a support case, as BOXI issues sometimes require additional troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Brandon Persad 

• 5.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:55 AM

Hi Anthony / Jon / Brandon.  Thanks all.

Report Tab is where I click on and nothing occurs.

I will check what Brandon sent and will be back asap with any notice.

• 6.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:56 AM

Thanks Rubem - so you have to make sure that you have BOXI configured in the options manager, and the proper ports are open etc.

Does it eventually time out and throw an error or literally just stays blank?

• 7.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2017 04:57 PM

Rubem,

You could also check the browser console (F12 ->  console tab  / Network tab) to see if there's some mixed content related failures or some other errors that are preventing the tab to show up.

_R

• 8.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 06:09 PM

Namaste Raghu,

Following your tip, using F12 (network) , pay my attention the url :  
    /CAisd/scripts/jquery/jquery.min.map HTTPS GET 404 text/html 1,35 KB < 1 ms XMLHttpRequest 4875 0 0 0 0 234

Result : 404 ...  Do you think this may be a way ?

Rgds,  

• 9.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 24, 2017 09:14 AM

Rubem,

It looks like the ports may not be open between the servers.  To launch BOXI you will need port 6400 open between the SDM servers and the BOXI server in order for it to properly launch reports, and to launch BI Launchpad.

You can use something like the Microsoft Port Query tool to check if the port is open.

Here is a list of all of the default ports used by CASM:  CA SDM Supported Port and Port Ranges - CA Service Management - 17.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 01:06 PM

Based on the above, I'm wondering if you use SDM with SSL  ?   and the BOXI URL is non-SSL ?

_R

• 11.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 24, 2017 02:08 PM

Namaste Guru,

You are correct. SDM -> SSL , BOXI -> Non-SSL.  How I can change it ?   install a certificate ?

Good news and bad news. Good news : BI Launch is working but using port 8080 not 8443. Checking the Listening and verify that port 8443 is closed.

My original problem persists. The report Tab not working despite I have valid reports working by BI launch.

• 12.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 02:32 PM

Rubem.....

Since you have SDM on SSL (HTTPS) and CABI on non-SSL (HTTP), the blank SDM Reports tab is to be expected

Refer to the following document for instructions on how to enable SSL on CABI using a self-signed certificate - Enable SSL in Tomcat for BOXI using a Self-Signed Certificate 

Once completed, you will need to update the bo_server_location setting in SDM to reflect the new SSL HTTPS URL.

• 13.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:39 PM

Good point Paul.

Ruben, do keep in mind though that not all self signed certificates are trusted by browsers. So you may still end up in similar situation.   You could set up CABI using a cert authority / vendor signed cert to make the browsers not complain about the certs.

Hope this helps

_R

• 14.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 24, 2017 04:15 PM

Best thing to do here is to implement SSL all around, not just in specific pieces of the product.  That will prevent this problem from occurring!

Jon I.

• 15.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Nov 01, 2017 03:14 PM

Hello Jon,

As I said in the other question. I have SSL Boxi server , running. 

BI Launch is OK.

Reports on Tab , not working yet.

• 16.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 03:50 PM

Rubem,

I don't think browsers and Java trust self signed certs. The way in which you can prove this is, switch to some other SDM tab other than Reports tab. Do a logout in SDM.  now close out all your browsers (any open browser).

Open a brand new browser into SDM,  Use browser's developer tools (f12 key on keyboard normally launches this) and then go to Reports tab.  See if the browser console shows any errors around this.  mostly there'd be an issue around browser blocking the connection.

_R

• 17.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:02 PM

Mamaste Raghu,

I will follow your suggestion as soon as possible.

Thank you so much.

Rgds

• 18.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Nov 06, 2017 11:54 AM

Hey Rubem, 

Were you able to confirm if the browser console throws any error and is blocking the connection when accessing the reports tab?

Regards, 

Brandon Persad

• 19.  Re: Empty report running user report.

Posted Oct 23, 2017 05:06 PM

Hi Jon,

Just stay blank and the url is empty.html (the title of my question).

Anyway , my network group adjust the firewall rules. 

The trustedprincipal secret is OK.

I appreciate if you show me any documentation about the ports.

Example:  bo_server_cms , bo_server_location.

I guess this maybe a relevant way to solve my problem.

When I click BI Launch button now , I got an empty page too.

But its working if I execute a http://localhost:8080/BOE/BI in the BOXI server.

Regards and thanks for the patience.

• 20.  Re: Empty report running user report.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 16, 2017 09:06 AM

Hello friends. Going back to told how I found the solution and finally have my report.

Only after install a certificate on Tomcat of servicedesk I got the fixed.

Till then I had only a server certificate installed.

Thanks everybody for support me.

Regards.