CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM 17.0 - If I change ticket category, SDM remove assignee?

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:38 AM

Hi all,

i have simply question. I have a ticket (request or incident). Ticket has category, group (defiined by category) and assignee. I will change category. Ticket has new category, new group (defined also by category) and assignee is empty now. Assignee is member of both group (old and new).
    It is out OOTB functionality in SDM 17.0? We migrated from version 12.9.

Thanks
    Lumir

• 2.  Re: CA SDM 17.0 - If I change ticket category, SDM remove assignee?

Posted Oct 24, 2017 09:15 AM

Hi Lumir,

Since the assignee belongs to both the old and new group, I would have expected the assignee to be retained.

Sounds like a bug to me...

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: CA SDM 17.0 - If I change ticket category, SDM remove assignee?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 24, 2017 10:30 AM

Hi Lumir_Botur - Yes, I agree with Brian here.  This seems to be buggy.  There was a change as part of 14.1 CP2 where the relationship between assignee and group was enforced, however, being that this assignee belongs to both the old group and the new group, it should not have blanked it out in my opinion. 

I would recommend that you open a support case for this one, state the use case and expected behavior vs. actual behavior and an engineer will open a defect for this if it can be reproduced.

If you dont mind, please post the case number here so we can follow it through and post the solution here as well.

Thanks!

Jon I

• 4.  Re: CA SDM 17.0 - If I change ticket category, SDM remove assignee?

Posted Nov 03, 2017 06:03 AM

Hi Lumir,

Did you ever log a case for this? If so, please give us the case number to keep tabs on this.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian