DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Cognos Management Module

Posted Oct 23, 2017 02:34 PM

Does anyone out there have a Management Module (APM v10.1) for IBM Cognos (v10.2)? 
    Or

Can anyone help me or show me any MM that comes w/ APM (out of the box) that could possibly fit Cognos mould?

Thanks in advance for any/all assistance!

Cheers
    Manish

• 2.  Re: Cognos Management Module

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2017 03:15 PM

Converting to a discussion since getting into custom code.

That being said, added a note to APM Dev. Also can other APM admins or Partners help Manish?

• 3.  Re: Cognos Management Module

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:08 PM

• 4.  Re: Cognos Management Module

Posted Oct 25, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi Manish,

It looks like the Cognos platform is based on IBM products that APM can already monitor: IBM Knowledge Center 

I have not found any specific customizations specific to monitoring Cognos but you might start with the Webserver Extension (Power Pack) to monitor the HTTP frontend and the Java Agent (WebSphere Liberty configuration WebSphere Liberty - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation) to monitor the application server. Depending on the backend DB you could use the DB Monitoring Extension.

As far as management modules go I just went looking for the WebSphere for Distributed Platforms Extension and found it in version 9.1.6. I loaded on a 10.5.1 system and it seems to work fine there too. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll help you get a copy.

Hope this helps.

Craig Harding

• 5.  Re: Cognos Management Module

Posted Oct 25, 2017 10:27 AM

harcr09

the agent install and instrumentation is already done and working well. Thanks.

So, should I just copy the MM jar file from v9.1.6 to my v10.1?

• 6.  Re: Cognos Management Module

Posted Oct 26, 2017 01:41 PM

So I that power pack was already on the MoM, but looks like it needs a lot of work for me to tweak it to Cognos' liking.