CA Service Management

• 1.  Automatically Populated Fields like _.user.id

Posted Oct 23, 2017 05:05 PM

Where does Service Catalog pick up the info for things like _.user.id, _.user.email, _.user.last_name, etc. ? What / Where is it querying?

• 2.  Re: Automatically Populated Fields like _.user.id

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 04:21 AM

Good Morning Stephen.

A way to see which (mdb)queries are being executed to retrieve the data as described is, to set the view.log in TRACE mode.

Please consider the following details for the SC log4j.xml file on the SC-Server.
    The loglevel can be set from e.g INFO into TRACE for extra logging to be recorded in the view.log file.
    This setting is being controlled in the <usm_home>\view\conf/log4j.xml file.

After changing the settings, there is no need to restart the 'Catalog' service.
    Save the file and after a short period of time, you'll see 'trace' and 'debug' records being recorded in error.log and view.log files.

Next then is to 'reproduce' the '.user.id pick up' situation.
    And then check the view.log file(s) for the queries that have been executed.

NOTE:
    Revert the changes after reproducing this. To avoid further overhead.
    With 'revert' I mean to say that what you changed from INFO into TRACE, should then be changed back from TRACE into INFO.

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: Automatically Populated Fields like _.user.id

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:23 PM

Thanks! This was insightful, but since I can not change the query to only look at active accounts I can't fix my problem. I submitted a ticket with CA Support.

• 4.  Re: Automatically Populated Fields like _.user.id
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 04:36 PM

Stephen.........

Are you working with CA Support on this via issue #00875055?

• 5.  Re: Automatically Populated Fields like _.user.id

Posted Oct 24, 2017 04:57 PM

I am, yes.

• 6.  Re: Automatically Populated Fields like _.user.id

Posted Oct 24, 2017 05:31 PM

Hi Stephen - most likely this will be deemed a bug and should be reproducible in-house.  Hopefully its something that can be fixed easily!!

We will track the issue and hopefully be able to post the solution here as well.

Thanks for bringing this one up.

Jon

• 7.  Re: Automatically Populated Fields like _.user.id

Posted Oct 24, 2017 10:00 AM

It's the same info that you get to Administration > Users

The main table to search data, the one you can enable/disable users is ca_contact

select * from ca_contact

But if you have to access that data from outsite, you should use the webservice provided, that can get you the same data

Go to Administration > Tools > Webserices API (usm/API/SOAP/index.html) getUser method