ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  ESP Director - Reset Job Definition

Posted Oct 23, 2017 04:03 PM

Hello!

I am testing CA Workload Automation ESP Workstation build 107. However, whenever I choose "Reset Job Definition", I get the following message "ESPWSS66581 JOB <JOB NAME> in appl <APPL NAME> has no altered text.

Since I can't find this message in the reference, I thought I would ask if there is something in WSS I need to configure, or if I just need to open a ticket?

Thanks!

Jonathan

• 2.  Re: ESP Director - Reset Job Definition
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 08:07 AM

Hello, 

Thank you for your question, have you also applied PTF that supports RESETWOB functionality on mainframe side, this is precondition for having it working on workstation.

Reset Workload Object in an Application (PTF RO94629) 

Thank you

Tatevik

• 3.  Re: ESP Director - Reset Job Definition

Posted Oct 25, 2017 07:49 AM

Sorry - just now seeing this.  Yes.  The PTFs for Reset WOB that give us the RW command are applied, and we have use of the RW command. I can find out from our System Programmer the exact PTFs that he applied.

• 4.  Re: ESP Director - Reset Job Definition

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2017 08:27 AM

Hi Jonathan,

the message ESPWSS6658I is ussually issued when you do "Browse Reset Wob Definition" if the definition of the job wasn't changed yet using resetwob. With Resetwob enhancement there was added two menu items ("Browse Reset Wob Definition" and "Reset Wob Definition"). Is it possible that you used the first one ("Browse Reset Wob Definition") instead of the second one ("Reset Wob Defininition")?

Best regards,

Lukas.