CA Service Management

• 1.  Unlink KD from Web Servcies

Posted Oct 24, 2017 05:56 AM

Hi,

I need run unlink_kd by web services, but this option isn't to develop the web services, One option is to use callServerMethod, but I don't know how to use this method and which parameters I need for unlink_kd.

Anybody can help me??

Regards.

• 2.  Re: Unlink KD from Web Servcies

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 05:44 PM

Hello,

Can you describe the scenario that you are facing that requires you to run this method?  What is the business/use case for this functionality?

• 3.  Re: Unlink KD from Web Servcies
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2017 07:47 AM

Hi,

callServerMethod usage example could be found here: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231158970-spel-api-methods?commentID=233928457#comment-233928457 

you can try to plainly delete relation using: delete_wc 

Reminder: deletion can't be undone, so use it carefully and don't forget to backup your data.

Regards,

cdtj

• 4.  Re: Unlink KD from Web Servcies

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2017 09:23 AM

When unlinking a KT document from a CA SDM ticket, there are multiple MDB updates performed

Clause (DELETE FROM kdlinks WHERE ID = ..) Input (..)
    Clause (INSERT INTO act_log ( action_desc, analyst, call_req_id, description, internal, knowledge_session, knowledge_tool, last_mod_dt, persid, rel_ticket_type, system_time, time_spent, time_stamp, type, id ) VALUES ( .. )) Input ( .. )
    Clause (INSERT INTO event_log ( event, kd_id, log_time, millitime, numdata1, numdata2, sd_obj_id, sd_obj_type, session_id, textdata1, textdata2, id ) VALUES ( .. )) Input (..)

For the callServerMethod, only factory methods can be called. 

You would need to create a custom SPEL method and then use the SOAP web service method "callServerMethod" to directly call the custom SPEL method.