Layer7 API Management

• 1.  XSD files for exported GMU services, policies, assertions etc.

Posted Oct 24, 2017 08:17 AM

Hi, community!

Where can I find the XSD files that describe Bundle, Policy, assertions, etc.

Cheers,

Fabio

• 2.  Re: XSD files for exported GMU services, policies, assertions etc.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 01:59 PM

Hi I dont know of any xml schema for gmu exports. But there is documentation for the restman calls. I believe one of the reasons for limiting xml schema on it would be most of the commands documeted is to allow gmu to do the file updates for you (limited if any direct changes by user). Are you trying to accomplish something by the request of the schema? 

Thanks.

• 3.  Re: XSD files for exported GMU services, policies, assertions etc.

Posted Oct 25, 2017 05:22 AM

Thanks for asking!

My goal is to build a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline by exporting a service using GMU or Restman (not sure what the best way is), replacing input configuration with placeholders, and push it to a git repository. Later we can inject environment configuration, deploy the services using GMU or Restman, and trigger tests.

An XSD would help me validate what I generate.

Cheers,

Fabio

• 4.  Re: XSD files for exported GMU services, policies, assertions etc.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2017 10:31 AM

Fabio,

Can or have you opened a support case? We probably should and that way we can make a request to see if Dev can supply a schema.

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: XSD files for exported GMU services, policies, assertions etc.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 08:00 PM

You should be able to get an XSD for the restman entities by going to this url on the gateway that has restman deployed on it: 

/restman/1.0/gateway-management.xsd

• 6.  Re: XSD files for exported GMU services, policies, assertions etc.

Posted Jan 15, 2018 09:38 AM

Thanks, Victor, but gateway-management.xsd does not contain schemas for policies. I'll open a support case as Charles suggested.

Cheers,

Fabio

• 7.  Re: XSD files for exported GMU services, policies, assertions etc.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2018 12:35 PM

Yes you are right. Sorry, I misunderstood the original question. I don't know of a schema for assertions or policy xml. It likely does not exist, one of the reasons is that it would differ from gateway to gateway based on the assertions that are available.