CA Service Management

• 1.  Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Posted Oct 24, 2017 10:52 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Team,

in jasper studio I developed a main Report with several subreports using different Data Adapters. I created XML files with the definition of these Data Adapters and used the xml-Files for the queries in the subreports. For each subreport I defined the related xml-file as Default Data Adapter. In Studio everything works fine. I published all components, subreports and xml-files to the Jasper Report Server to the “shared/reports” folder of the organization servicemanagement and get the error message “net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Resource not found at: z_mdb_02.xml” when I create the report in Jasper Report Server. Do you know what is missing? As SDM User I defined ServiceDesk, no restictions can block creating the report.

Regards Baerbel

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 11:29 AM

Baerbel..........

Does this Jasper Community post described your scenario

RESOLVED: JasperReport Server report reference to sub-reports | Jaspersoft Community 

• 3.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Posted Oct 24, 2017 11:49 AM

Hi Paul,

I did read this document already, but it describes the links between the main report and the subreports.
    As also remarked I use the "Publish" button in the Studio.
    I think the problem here is the link to the Data Adapter described in the file z_mdb_02.xml.

Regards Baerbel

• 4.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 12:30 PM

Perhaps SteveTroy has some thoughts.

Ensure that when you're adding subreports resources in Jasper Server you name your resource name and your resource id exactly the same as the physical file is named.

• 5.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Posted Oct 24, 2017 01:05 PM

Baerbel - are you are saying that its a problem with the link between the sub-report and the data adapter its using as opposed to the main report link to the sub-report?

Steve may have some better insight on this as we dont have a ton of exposure to creating custom reports in Jasper here on the support side as its out of our scope.  I believe what Paul said needs to be checked - about the resource name and resource ID being exactly as it is in the physical file.

Did you try that?

Jon

• 6.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2017 12:33 PM

Baerbel,

This is a guess but I'm thinking the Jasper Server can't find the xml.  Try adding repo:/shared/reports/...xml and see if that resolves it.  

Regards,

Steve

• 7.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Posted Oct 26, 2017 01:57 PM

Hi Team,
    after doing some research I found the solution as Steve suggested.
    This documentation helps to do the definitions:

https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/how-deploy-and-use-data-adapter-jasperreports-server-v56

Another problem I had was the direct link to the MdB, using the Microsoft driver. To manage this

sqljdbc.jar has to exist in the directory
    C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\lib 

I did a small documentation in German, I will translate  and attach it.

Regards
       Baerbel

• 8.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Posted Oct 27, 2017 06:00 AM

Hi Team,
    I attached my documentation.

Regards

Baerbel

• 9.  Re: Jasper Studio publish main and supreports

Posted Oct 27, 2017 12:36 PM
      |   view attached

Well done.  Glad I could help.  Thanks for Documenting how it works.

Steve Troy  ca technologies

Sr Principal Engineering Svcs Architect

Tel:        +1 425 201 3528

Mobile: +1 206 718 7466

Steven.Troy@ca.com

<mailto:Steven.Troy@ca.com>