Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to move an assertion outside of its current container (parent level)?

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:04 PM

This is driving me nuts... In API Policy Manager 9.1, how can I move an assertion outside of a logical folder (All or At Least One folders)?

Dragging it outside and above another folder just expands the folder and doesn't let you place it outside of it. The only way I've managed to do it in some cases was to copy all, paste in Notepad and manually edit the XML, and then paste it back.

The blue up/down arrows meant to move assertions doesn't allow you to move it outside its current policy logic folder.

Is there a hidden keyboard shortcut to do so?

• 2.  Re: How to move an assertion outside of its current container (parent level)?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2017 10:51 AM

Hi ygirouard,

not sure what's going wrong on your side, but drag'n'drop works perfectly here (also 9.1).

But yes, I can at least confirm, it's sometimes a little bit tricky.

If you are using the drag'n'drop method, there will be light gray line and if you let go your mouse button, it will be inserted at that position. If there is for example another folder on top (like in the screenshot below) and you wait a few seconds, it opens automatically and you can place it within this folder then. So if you want to place the assertion between two folders you have to be quick, otherwise you will always "jump" into the other folder.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Ciao Stefan

• 3.  Re: How to move an assertion outside of its current container (parent level)?

Posted Oct 25, 2017 01:47 PM

So if you want to place the assertion between two folders you have to be quick, otherwise you will always "jump" into the other folder.

That's exactly what I'm complaining about. The "auto expand folder on mouse over" delay is too low. Is there a way to increase it?