Service Virtualization

• 1.  What are the configuration details necessary for RabbitMQ

Posted Oct 26, 2017 02:50 AM

Hi Team,

I am new to RabbitMQ. I want to consume messages from RabbitMQ. Kindly please help on this. I have gone through the Documentation, but no-idea on what are all the mandatory things need to be present.

I have only few details about Rabbit MQ to connect with :

Queue name, server name, host name, port, username, keystore certificate.

Rabbit MQ Receiver Details Section

Connection Details of RabbitMQ

Channel Details of RabbitMQ

I need to receive message from RabbitMQ for my Project to do Validation. Kindly please help me out.

Thanks,

Preethi R

• 2.  Re: What are the configuration details necessary for RabbitMQ

• 3.  Re: What are the configuration details necessary for RabbitMQ

Posted Oct 27, 2017 05:31 AM

Thanks Abraham,

I have already gone through the below mentioned link. But, I am not able to consume the messages from RabbitMQ. Currently I am not have RabbitMQ software installed in my Desktop and I m not aware of RabbitMQ Software and its UI, behavior, etc..

If anyone who already consumes message from RabbitMQ step via devtest. Please provide me the necessary details.

Thanks,

Preethi R

• 4.  Re: What are the configuration details necessary for RabbitMQ

Posted Oct 27, 2017 12:59 PM

In general, if you leave the 'PRO' button disabled then what's left in the UI is what you need to fill in.

Queue name, host name, port, username: From your screenshots it seems like you already know where to configure these.  However, you shouldn't need to create a Channel asset yourself.

Server name: I don't know what this is or what it means, but I don't think you need it.

keystore certificate: This is the only thing you need 'PRO' enabled for, and it's configured using the 'SSL Context' parameter at the bottom of the RabbitMQ Connection asset.  Click the '+' button to the right and select 'Key Store File'.

If things still don't work after configuring those then can you be a little more specific about what's going wrong?  Are you getting an error, or are you simply not receiving any messages?

• 5.  Re: What are the configuration details necessary for RabbitMQ
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2017 05:41 AM

One thing I found I had to do last week when I connected to RabbitMQ was to download a different client JAR than the one mentioned in the (outdated) DevTest documentation Third-Party File Requirements - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

RabbitMQ - RabbitMQ Java Client Library  has a download link to amqp-client-5.0.0.jar and this is the client that I downloaded and copied into DEVTEST_HOME/lib/shared.