CA Service Management

• 1.  Survey Statistics Table (number of surveys sent)

Posted Oct 25, 2017 04:19 PM

Hi guys,

I was needing to build a report containing the number of surveys sent to customers and what percentage of them was successfully answered. I found the Survey_Stats table, having these fields:

FieldData TypeReferenceRemarks
    cyc_counterINTEGER Identifies the cycle counter to be compared against the cycle (described in the next field).
    cycleINTEGER Identifies the submission cycle.
    delINTEGERActive_Boolean_Table::enumSpecifies the status of the Deleted flag, as follows:0 -- Active1 -- Inactive/marked deleted)
    idINTEGER Primary key of this table.
    persidnvarchar(30) Specifies the Persistent ID: (SystemObjectName:id).
    sub_counterINTEGER Identifies the number of times notification submission was approved.
    tplidINTEGERSurvey_Template::idIdentifies the unique (to the table) numeric ID.

I've identified two fields above (cyc_counter, sub_counter) that could be useful for me. In a chat with an CA analyst, he did some tests and verified these fields indeed register the number of survey that was sent to customers.

My question is: what's the difference between cyc_counter and sub_counter fields? What means a notification to be "approved"? Note: in all environments I checked, the two fields contained the same number for each SDM.

Thanks,

Diogo

• 2.  Re: Survey Statistics Table (number of surveys sent)

Posted Oct 25, 2017 04:43 PM

Hi Diogo,

I believe it is as follows:

The cyc_counter counts the number of cycles for which that survey has been sent out.

The sub_counter counts the nubmer of surveys that have went out during a given cycle.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Survey Statistics Table (number of surveys sent)

Posted Oct 26, 2017 08:13 AM

• 4.  Re: Survey Statistics Table (number of surveys sent)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 06:02 PM

Diogo, I think the cyc_counter is the current counter of current cycle of the survey...for example, let us say the survey cycle is 5, then cyc_counter will start from 1, next 2, next 3, next 4 and next 0 and so on...that is, whenever and suvey

is checked to see if we should send it, it is checked by (cycle-cyc_counter) and if that is 0, send the survey and reset

cyc_counter to 0 and start over again. For sub_counter, it simply records how many of this survey have been sent so far.

Hope this helps. Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Survey Statistics Table (number of surveys sent)

Posted Oct 27, 2017 08:53 AM

Thanks Chi_Chen - this is a much better explanation than mine!!

@diogo.nobrega  - does this help you out more?

Jon