Could you please help me with the installation process for SM Admin UI. It looks pretty straightforward from the SM docs but I am facing issues with the install.
I am trying to install in Linux environment.
Below is what I have done :
1. Unzippied the SM Admin Prerequisite & the actual installer in the same location
2. Layout.properties is also in the same location
3. Run the prerequisite installer without any issues
- T&C Accepted
- Install path is provided (for ex, /opt/ca/adminui)
- Hostname and port details provided.
4. Actual Installation: I have run the actual installer
- It has prompted for installation path again and I have given the same path what I have given while installing the prerequisite i.e, /opt/ca/adminui - LET ME KNOW IF WE NEED TO PROVIDE ANYTHING ELSE HERE
- It prompted me to select the application server from the list of servers i.e, jboss, weblogic etc. I am not sure why it is even prompting me this option. Prerequisite installer will actually install the jboss server and it should take that server by default right ?
- It prompted for JBOSS server path. I am not sure what is the exact path I should provide here
- It prompted for JDK path as well? I was under the impression that it will also be installer as part of the prerequisite installer and I am not sure why is it prompting here again.
- I am sure something isn't correct here as I have never seen these many prompts when I have installed in windows machine some time ago.
Please let me know your thoughts. Appreciated !