DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Alarm enrichment, bulk size

Posted Oct 27, 2017 04:06 AM

Hello,

I'm trying out the overwrite-rules in the nas probe but it don't quite work out for me. The log tells me:

[main, alarm_enrichment] AlarmQueueReader: bulk_read_size must be less than than MAX_HUB_BULK_SIZE: 100 

bulk_read_size in the nas raw configuration is set to 250, where can I change the MAX_HUB_BULK_SIZE? (if this is even the problem )

Regards

Kenneth

• 2.  Re: Alarm enrichment, bulk size

Posted Oct 27, 2017 09:04 AM

Good chance the message was already there before making the modifications to nas config. Not sure if it is really a problem or not. The message is in regards to the bulk size for the alarm_enrichment queue which can be set via hub raw configure > postroute > alarm_enrichment. Default of 100 but not set in the config. It can be increased, perhaps to 200 to eliminate the message.

• 3.  Re: Alarm enrichment, bulk size

Posted Oct 27, 2017 09:17 AM

Alright, thank you!

/k

• 4.  Re: Alarm enrichment, bulk size

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 12:48 PM

bulk size is variable based on how much it is actually reading at any given time. If it’s able to read a full 1200 messages successfully, it will continue to take that many in. However, if it cannot then it decreases down to 100. As for the “bulk_read_size” variable, that’s a setting for NAS which never reads in bulk. The key “bulk_read_size” only applies to alarm_enrichment. NAS itself will always read alarms off the bus one at a time.