Clarity

• 1.  Cannot remove fields from Jaspersoft AdHoc View

Posted Oct 27, 2017 03:19 PM

Hi folks.

I'm troubleshooting for a user - we're all learning. We're attempting to remove Fiscal Periods from this AdHoc View. I've removed everything from the UI & the Filters and when we goto Select Fields, OBS and Fiscal Periods cannot be removed. They show that they're in use in the report. Has anyone seen this before? I've advised the user to rebuild from scratch, but we'd like to learn if there's something here we don't know about or if yup - this is a bug that happens, scrap it & rebuild.

• 2.  Re: Cannot remove fields from Jaspersoft AdHoc View

Posted Oct 27, 2017 07:46 PM

Hi Robert,

By the fact that the 'Apply' button still shows as being active (blued rather than grey), I have the impression that fields in the OBS and Fiscal Periods were at one time used as a filtering criteria. If you removed these as being filtering critera, then failed to 'Apply' the change, the UI will still allow you to open the 'Select Fields' dialog box to remove fields, but it will prevent removals of fields that it still "remembers".

If you return to the Adhoc design page, click the 'Apply' button, then open the 'Select Fields' dialog box once again, you may find that can now remove those fields and folders that you no long wish to use.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers,

Will

• 3.  Re: Cannot remove fields from Jaspersoft AdHoc View
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 30, 2017 11:25 AM

Thanks Will - good eye. I jumped back into that report and made sure I clicked Apply and Save. You are correct, one shouldn't expect things to completely go away until one has committed their changes with Apply & Save.

That said - I still couldn't get rid of those Fiscal Periods. While clicking around I found a Fiscal Period hidden in the Crosstab layout of the report. Since this symied my customer & me, I thought I'd capture this to help the next forum traveler.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Cannot remove fields from Jaspersoft AdHoc View

Posted Oct 30, 2017 06:23 PM

Good catch. I hadn't thought of a field lurking in a different view option - only guessed that toggling it over from Crosstab to Table would have wiped the previous settings.