Rally Software

• 1.  Restoring Historical User Story Data

Posted Oct 27, 2017 04:43 PM

We moved user stories that were originally under one project to a child project. Even though the only change we made was the project, Rally changed several other items, resulting in the loss of some historical data for these user stories (notably Release and Iteration). A couple of questions:

Is there anything that can be done to restore the other information?

If we need to move completed stories to a child project in the future, how can we avoid this loss of historical data?

• 2.  Re: Restoring Historical User Story Data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2017 05:00 PM

Hello Davis,

It appears this was posted within the CA Performance Management product Community.

I have moved this to the CA Agile Central Community in an effort to ensure the correct visibility for this, to ensure we get answers.

If that wasn't correct please do let me know so I can be sure you get the answers being sought.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: Restoring Historical User Story Data

Posted Nov 02, 2017 06:55 AM

Hello AudreyDavis1340021,

If the Release and Iteration are not present in the Child Project exactly as they are in the Parent Project, they will be removed.  The Revision History of the User Story should provide information about any changes that occurred.  This should help in recreating the information.  What other information was changed on your User Story?

Michael