Here at my Customer, Enterprise Architecture team is recommending to use IBM MQ for JBOSS 6.x deployed applications by disabling Jboss HornetQ. I am have been trying to get some pointers to implement this requirement as part of IDM 14.1 upgrade project as IDM 14.1 is getting deployed on Jboss 6.x.
And I also having few more technical questions in line with this requirement, below are the JNDIName details from one of the jboss 5.x environment which was auto configured by IDM installer.
Line 4: <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/iam/im/jms/queue/wpServAutoActQueue</attribute>
Line 10: <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/iam/im/jms/queue/wpUtilQueue</attribute>
Line 16: <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/iam/im/jms/queue/wpEventQueue</attribute>
Line 22: <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/iam/im/jms/queue/com.netegrity.ims.msg.queue</attribute>
Line 28: <attribute name="JNDIName">topic/iam/im/jms/topic/ServerCommandTopic</attribute>
Line 34: <attribute name="JNDIName">queue/iam/im/jms/queue/RuntimeStatusDetailQueue</attribute>
Line 39: <attribute name="JNDIName">iam/im/jms/queue/analytics/AnalyticsNotificationQueue</attribute>
So by considering these,
- How many Queue’s do we need it on IBM MQ – 0ne for all or each one for above mentioned list of seven JNDI’s?
- Do we need Just one generic Type Queue for each or 7 of the JNDI’s or dedicated queues for Requests and Responses?
- What should be their names? should it match the above JNDIName’s ?
- Does “topic” JNDI needs any special care than others ?
- Does CA recommend, any other methodology, to use in place of IBM MQ to overcome this requirement ?
- Does these queue setup is required regardless of IDM functionalities ? for example these are required, ONLY when configuring workflow's and does not require if we just use basic self-service functionalities ?
Appreciate your input on these the requirement. Thank You.