CA Service Management

• 1.  Is there any way to capture Requester,Approver & form field value of a request from .xsl file in CA Service Catalog?

Posted Oct 30, 2017 06:27 AM

Hi Team,

Is there any way to capture Requester,Approver & form field value of a request from .xsl file in CA Service Catalog?

Regards,

Pankaj

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to capture Requester,Approver & form field value of a request from .xsl file in CA Service Catalog?

Posted Oct 30, 2017 08:56 AM

Jason_Wolfe, Scott_Karbiner, yanji03 - do you guys have any ideas on this one?

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to capture Requester,Approver & form field value of a request from .xsl file in CA Service Catalog?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2017 09:27 AM

Hello,

I don't know what you mean by "from .xls". However, you can get all of this information from a request through the SOAP call getformrateitemvalues. The SOAP calls are documented in Administration -> Tools -> Links -> Web Services API.

That is how people normally pull this information from a request for integrations, jobs, or custom usage.

I hope this helps. Thanks,

Scott

• 4.  Re: Is there any way to capture Requester,Approver & form field value of a request from .xsl file in CA Service Catalog?

Posted Oct 30, 2017 09:41 AM

Hi Scott,

Let me give you the insight-out of my requirement 

If you try to Delegate exiting request when you click on delegate link one popup is coming to search the user.Here I want to made some restriction like if Requester and Delegate person is same then it will not allow you to delegate to that person.So for doing the comparison Requester and Delegate person I need to capture requester, approver even some time form field value with in the popupsearchuser.xsl file.

Hope its clear your question.

Regards,

Pankaj

• 5.  Re: Is there any way to capture Requester,Approver & form field value of a request from .xsl file in CA Service Catalog?

Posted Nov 01, 2017 02:44 PM

Scott_Karbiner - any further insight you can offer Pankaj on this one?

• 6.  Re: Is there any way to capture Requester,Approver & form field value of a request from .xsl file in CA Service Catalog?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:19 AM

I'm still not clear why .xsl needs to come into play. However if you're doing what you describe all in a form then you would write a js to run against the target field in order to compare the values, and you would pull the values using something like ca_fdGetTextFieldValue(formID,Field)