IT Process Automation

• 1.  How do I reconfigure PAM to modify Ports?

Posted Oct 28, 2017 04:46 PM

I've been following this TEC DOC How do I reconfigure PAM to modify Ports, authentication and Database Settings? 

This was my first configuration.

Figure 8

After that, i was following the TECDOC using 

C:\Program Files\CA\PAM\server\c2o\.c2orepository\media\Third_Party_Installer_windows.exe

And this is my new configuration

But when i tried http://<server>:8081/itpam , i'm getting "This page can’t be displayed"

Looking for LOG Files

CA IT PAM Log Files - Where can i find PAM Log Files 

<INSTALLDIR>\CA\server\c2o\log\c2o.log

2017-10-28 15:28:57,289 ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] [ main] Error installing to Start: name=WebServer state=Create
    LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

2017-10-28 15:29:05,247 ERROR [org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap] [ main] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
    Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/ROOT" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.web:service=WebServer" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **")
    Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/api" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.web:service=WebServer" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **")
    Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/birt" is missing the following dependencies:
    Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/c2orepository" is missing the following dependencies:
    Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/invoker" is missing the following dependencies:
    Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/itpam" is missing the following dependencies:
    Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/mirroringrepository" is missing the following dependencies:

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
    Deployment "WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): LifecycleException: Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind MYSERVERNAME/MY_IP:8009
    Deployment "jboss.web:service=WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **

• 2.  Re: How do I reconfigure PAM to modify Ports?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2017 09:53 PM

"Address already in use: JVM_Bind" usually means there is already a process listening on a port, which from the log text you include looks to be port 8009.  I'd try a server restart to kill all processes, then follow https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1541094.html .  You can get Windows Task Manager to display the PID, to help you to locate the process that is holding the port.

In the worst-case scenario you might just have to uninstall and reinstall to clear out all of the JBoss components.

Regards,

James