Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM 15.3 Blueprints

Posted Oct 30, 2017 07:14 AM

I have a couple of questions regarding Blueprints having just migrated to CA PPM 15.3.

1) Can you set the project banner color in a blueprint? Is the banner color held as an attribute of the investment or project object?

2) Having configured Blueprints in our development environment, how can I migrate the to Production? I cannot see anything obvious in 15.3 XOG. 

• 2.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 Blueprints

Posted Oct 30, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi,

To answer your first question: Blueprints are for attributes, and not for data that those attributes hold. So, I don't think it would be possible to provide a default colour using Blueprints.

And as far as migrating Blueprints is concerned, I don't think there is a way to do that at this point.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 Blueprints

Posted Oct 30, 2017 11:16 AM

Let me rephrase question 1).  If I change the color of a project tile header in the project details, my color selection is retained across logins - I assume therefore that my choice of color for the project must be recorded in the database. What I'd be interested in is what table/attribute this is recorded in. 

• 4.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 Blueprints

Posted Oct 30, 2017 02:59 PM

Check the Blueprint tables

• 5.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 Blueprints
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 31, 2017 06:06 AM

It is stored in CMN_UI_PREFERENCES.COLOR column.

CMN_UI_PREFERENCES.RESOURCE_ID column will contain the Internal ID of the Project.

• 6.  Re: CA PPM 15.3 Blueprints

Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:16 AM

Thanks exactly what I was after