Service Virtualization

• 1.  There was a SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Posted Oct 30, 2017 02:11 PM

I am not sure why I am getting this error even after providing the correct userId and password. There are different level of testing like environment2 and environment3. The same user ID and password and same connection strings are used to connect to OracleDB. Only the change between the evironments are the numbers like 2 or 3 within the url.

I am able to connect to environment2 but not to env3 from DevTest.Getting below error.

There was a SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

But with same configuration of env3, able to connect from SQL Developer. Can any one please help me on this?

• 2.  Re: There was a SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Posted Nov 08, 2017 11:34 AM

Hi Krishna, 

There is not a category assigned to this question. What product are you using when finding this error?

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: There was a SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Posted Nov 08, 2017 11:40 AM

Hi Krishna,

Are you recently installed DevTest using Oracle 12c? If so, please check the national character set and Unicode configuration as the image attached. I faced the same issue and I had to reinstall the database .

• 4.  Re: There was a SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:00 PM

Hi,

Can you please share the version of Oracle database which you are trying to connect. Recently I had the same problem while connecting to Devtest with Oracle 11.2.0. After I download and place the correct driver jar file (ojdbc6 for 11.2) it worked.

Thanks & Regards

Srikanth Gajawada

Ca Support