Rally Software

• 1.  Report to show Team member Planned vs Achieved

Posted Oct 30, 2017 11:52 AM

In the matrix organization , it very important for functional manager to understand how much capacity his/her reportees planned in a sprint and release ( how much a team member committed) and how much they achieved at the end of the sprint / release . This helps us find if the team members have any blockers to achieve their 100 % commitment.

Anyone aware of how we can get a report of Team member commitment vs. Team member achieved in a give sprint or in a given release in terms of percentage/no.of hours.

I tried to use Team status and trying to pull the information manually. It's a tedious task if the scrum team is big and need to put the report for all the sprints.

I used the reports option and wrote custom reports for Task Plan Estimate vs Task Actual by team members. In some cases the the actuals are nor correct as the team members don't fill the actuals while they close the tasks. 

Is there a better way to get the report from CAAC?

Thanks in Advance for all your help

~Raghu

• 2.  Re: Report to show Team member Planned vs Achieved
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2017 02:05 AM

Hi Raghu,

Unfortunately any method to get this information will rely on the team members accurately and consistently recording their work.

Using a custom report is a good option to get the information that is available. Where you are entering the Data in the  "I want to see" section I would include:

Sum of Task Estimates

Sum of Task To Do

Sum of Task Actual

Then under the "Broken down by" section I would include:

Work Item Owner 

Work Item

Under the Filters section I would add one for Iteration. 

This should generate a report that provides estimate for the tasks, the to do remanning, and the actuals if any are entered broken down by the owner and the task name. As I mentioned the available reports can only provide the information that has been entered so if they are not entering information or entering it incorrectly it will affect any report. 

It sounds like you are already doing this, but I wanted to go over it in case it helps you or anyone with a similar question. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• 3.  Re: Report to show Team member Planned vs Achieved

Posted Nov 03, 2017 03:45 PM

I agree Mike. Yes all my Scrum team members are filling the hours accurately and consistently.

Yes I used the custom report and provided the information to people manager.

I am thinking is there any CAAC app would be useful to add this in a dashboard.

• 4.  Re: Report to show Team member Planned vs Achieved

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 02:48 AM

Hi Raghu,

If you are looking for an app to do this I would recommend trying the Custom List app. After you add it to the dashboard or custom page you can set its type to "Task". Then you can add the "Actuals", "Estimate", and "To do" fields. From there you can use a filter to select the desired iteration. 

• 5.  Re: Report to show Team member Planned vs Achieved

Posted Nov 06, 2017 11:22 AM

Thank you . Will give a try and let you know how it goes