CA Service Management

• 1.  Mobile solution for customer job sign-off

Posted Oct 31, 2017 01:50 PM

Many of our time and material jobs require engineers to go out to customer locations. Once at these locations the engineers perform work which is then summarised into a Service Desk ticket. I am looking for a mobile solution which would integrate with Service Desk to allow customers to view and approve pertinent details of a job carried out. Such details would include a summary of the work done, the arrival and completion time of the engineer activity as well as any parts or materials used on site. Once verified by the customer, the customer would use a tablet to "sign-off" the job.

Is anyone in the community using Service Desk in this manner? If so what solutions have you guys come up with?

• 2.  Re: Mobile solution for customer job sign-off
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 01, 2017 09:40 AM

Assuming you don't want to give customers an account in SDM you would have to create your own Web Interface or Mobile App that uses REST against SDM and queries SDM based off ticket number or something. There might be frameworks so you can build it out faster but, I do not know of any personally.

• 3.  Re: Mobile solution for customer job sign-off

Posted Nov 01, 2017 10:59 AM

Hi Michael,

Similar to what Anthony mentioned, if these customers are contacts in SDM and can log into it using the mobile app from outside your network, then that is an easy one.  It can be done via a survey.  BUT, if the customers are NOT contacts in SDM and cannot log into SDM, then you would need to go with some type of web services app like Anthony mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 4.  Re: Mobile solution for customer job sign-off

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 11:31 AM

If the job has a workflow associated to it, you might be able to have an Job Completion Task -> approve/reject   made available to the users of the CA Service Management mobile app (which interfaces SDM).  That task then can be approved using the Tasks capability of the app, which might handle this requirement.

_R

• 5.  Re: Mobile solution for customer job sign-off

Posted Nov 01, 2017 01:31 PM

Agreed - great idea, but again, those customers would need access to SDM in order to use that as well.