Rally Software

• 1.  How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?

Posted Oct 30, 2017 06:25 PM

We want to modify the contents of the "Welcome to Agile Central" email that is sent when new user accounts are created. What's the best way to do that?

• 2.  Re: How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2017 06:44 PM

Hi Jerry! I'm currently working with my Team, the Chunky Cheetahs, to redesign our welcome emails. Right now there's no way to customize the emails unless you wanted to write your own service that looked for new users via the API and send a second email. I'd be curious, though, what are you looking to customize about the email? If you'd like more details on what that service might look like, I can also give you more details.

• 3.  Re: How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?

Posted Oct 30, 2017 07:18 PM

cool. here's to the Chunky Cheetahs. hopefully you guys can help us. We'd like to send the following custom email content that references our department's standard on-premise infrastructure & framework for enterprise IT tools. Looks something like this:

---

1. Welcome to CA Agile Central. Login to Agile Central Single Sign-On. <Azure active directory SSO link>
    2. Bookmark the department's Agile Central Governance Library.  <tool setup & config library link>
    3. Bookmark the department's services directory for Agile Central.  <tool services directory link>
    4. Bookmark the department's Tool Integration Center for Agile Central.  <tool integration center link>
    5. Browse and sign-up for the department's workflow training using Agile Central.  <department workflow training>
    6. Need further assistance? Ask for help. <tool intake process link>

---

An option to customize an HTML email in the product's subscription settings would be nice. As CustomerX, there's a lot of internal tool governance information that our EIT tooling council wants to give new tool users. Thoughts?

• 4.  Re: How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?

Posted Oct 31, 2017 12:47 PM

Hey Jerry - I submitted an idea back in 2014 that would allow just that, subscription admins should be able to configure their own welcome message.  Feel free to vote it up - https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D3098 

• 5.  Re: How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?

Posted Oct 31, 2017 01:23 PM

Thanks Sheri. +50  From the history, it looks like I already added +1 on my birthday last year 2016. We're restricted to voting only 1 token. How many tokens does it take actually get one of these features delivered? You know what's sad? After working on several different Agile Central customer subscriptions and, 3 years later, we still don't have this feature? Lord have mercy. If I have to put one more idea in this product's idea graveyard...  

• 6.  Re: How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?

Posted Dec 09, 2018 04:01 PM

hey kamwi02!  any update on this? are sub admins able to customize the "Welcome to Agile Central" email yet?

• 7.  Re: How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 26, 2018 12:37 PM

Hi Enterprise_IT_Tools, although we redesigned the welcome email to be more usable, we didn't make it customizable. This was due to prioritizing items that we felt would be higher value for more users, and some technical challenges of allowing HTML customization that's email compatible. I'm still passionate about making great onboarding experiences, however, and we're still looking at ways to get users quickly successful with Rally.

• 8.  Re: How can sub admins modify the "Welcome to Agile Central" email when new user accounts are created?

Posted Dec 26, 2018 01:40 PM

cool. thanks for the update, Bill.