Service Virtualization

• 1.  Stubbing of ecrypted services?

Posted Nov 02, 2017 08:16 AM

Hello Champions,

I need your views. We got one requirement in which we have to create virtual service which is having encrypted request response pairs?

Do you have any idea how we can achieve this?

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 2.  Re: Stubbing of ecrypted services?

Posted Nov 03, 2017 05:27 AM

Hello All,

Is there any one having idea regarding my post? Any guess? Or need any clarification then let me know please.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 3.  Re: Stubbing of ecrypted services?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 05:37 AM

Hi Shivam --

What's the encryption mechanism? The usual encryption mechanism I see is of the transport, and the payloads themselves are plain text once the transport is decrypted.

Is it possible that the rr pairs are simply encoded in a way that you can't see on your computer (I occasionally see this, as I'm running on a UK MacBook, but I receive sample messages from other operating systems and other countries).

If you have some kind of custom payload encryption, you should be able to get a description of the decryption mechanism from wherever you got the message samples.

Rick

• 4.  Re: Stubbing of ecrypted services?

Posted Nov 03, 2017 06:06 AM

Thanks Rick for your reply.

As per information we received so far from team, they are having encrypted request response pairs which communicates through transport. If this is the case then what Data Protocol or Transport Protocol , I can use? However in mean time I will get more details.

Thanks again.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 5.  Re: Stubbing of ecrypted services?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 06:33 AM

Hi Shivam --

If the team is saying that the transport is where the encryption layer is implemented, you need to ask for the certificates, and most of our transports can use these if you apply them in your local.properties file. You want JKS or PKCS12 certificates, probably both server- and client-side.

If the team is saying that the data is where the encryption layer is implemented, you need to ask them how it's done, and use the same techniques to create a data protocol handler to decrypt incoming messages and encrypt outgoing messages. In a couple of engagements, I've even copied custom encryption code from a developer IDE and pasted it into a scriptable DPH to replicate the actions of the real service.

Rick