Test Data Manager

• 1.  CA TDM - In Flight Masking

Posted Nov 02, 2017 10:23 AM

I am working on CA TDM 4.2. The underlying database is Oracle. I would like to now if I can perform in-flight masking while bringing in data from Oracle production environment to any lower environment. Also can you please point me to any tutorial/videos on this topic. Thanks...

• 2.  Re: CA TDM - In Flight Masking
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2017 01:25 PM

Hi Sourav, 

Here is some documentation around performing in flight masking: Fast Data Masker and Transformation Maps - CA Test Data Manager - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Using Transformation Maps (In-flight Masking)
    In this case, you use Datamaker transformation maps and Subset scripts. You first define a transformation map (Oracle or MSSQL) in Datamaker, create masking functions for the columns you want to mask. You use the Subset interface to create the masked export scripts. These scripts perform masking as they export the source data to a dump file. The dump file (which contains masked data) is then imported into the target database. Testers can use the same database, which now includes masked data, for testing.

If this is not what you are looking for or need more information, please leave a comment in the box below the documentation page so that we can work on more material for you. 

Best regards,

Taylor

In the future, please make sure you choose a product category when creating a question so that we see it and can have someone reply sooner.