ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described

Posted Nov 02, 2017 11:10 AM

CA Workload Automation Workstation EE

Version 11.3, Build 92

ESP EE 11.4 z/OS 2.2

According to the help document under Applying a Filter to a Custom View we should be able to apply a customer filter to find any jobs with a "P" in the first character and "$N" in characters 7 & 8.

From the doc:

Matches

Use as a wildcard. Use the dash (-) to specify one or more wildcard characters.

Example: a-t-mon will match AGENTMON

In the Value field, enter a value. You can enter a portion of a word or the entire word. The value is not case-sensitive. For example, you can enter pay or PAY. If you specify Is Empty in the Operator field, you must enter true or false as the value

I have set my filter to the following

p-$n and the jobs does not show in the CSF

if I put the entire job name I see the job in the CSFe

Ultimately we would like to find any job starting with "P" and containing "$" in the 7th character, for example.

Is anybody having success with custom filters or doing anything like this? Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described

Posted Nov 06, 2017 05:19 AM

Hello,

Please try repeating the '-' character in your field. For example, try adding 'P-----$N'. For this requirement, you can also try using 'begins with' and 'ends with' relationships.

If you need  to find any job starting with "P" and containing "$" in the 7th character, please try the below filter setup( Job Name Matches P-----$-):

Hope this helps.

-Prem.

• 3.  Re: Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described

Posted Nov 06, 2017 08:28 AM

Unfortunately, this doesn’t quite get what I am looking for, this filter returns every job that begins with “P”, not just the ones with “$” in the 7th character.

• 4.  Re: Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described

Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:10 AM

I did try something in the freeform filter in CSF like this:

(JOBNAME(1,1) EQ 'P' AND JOBNAME(7,1) EQ '$') and it worked.

Going by the wildcards documentation, something like "P*****$- " should work. Unfortunately my workstation (version 11.3, Build 92) started crashing before I can test the criteria.

• 5.  Re: Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described

Posted Nov 06, 2017 11:18 AM

In the CSF this is easy and works, down side, no auto refresh and only one filter on the screen at a time. I tried P*****$- last week and every time I apply that filter my work station crashed. Same results today.

• 6.  Re: Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 11:34 AM

Hi Eric,

I tested on Workstation 11.3 build 107, it didn't crash, however it didn't work as expected either. The closest I can find is to use P-$-.

Could you open a support request for possible code bug?

Thank you,

Lucy

• 7.  Re: Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described

Posted Nov 09, 2017 08:51 AM

Case 00889095 has been opened, thank you for your help.

• 8.  Re: Workstation EE - Applying a Filter to a Custom View not working as described
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 11:36 AM

Update from case 00889095: 

Consulted our next level and was told that wildcard * is not supported when defining the filter on custom view.
    So for now, the best you can do is to use filter: P-\$-. And I suggest that you upgrade your workstation to more current level, so that it won't crash in same scenario.

If you would like to request an enhancement, please post an idea in our user community.

Note:  following shows from WS online help:
    Matches
    Use as a wildcard. Use the dash to specify one or more wildcard characters.