DX NetOps

• 1.  Automate sheduled maintenance mode for devices in Global Collection

Posted Nov 02, 2017 03:10 PM

Is there a way to automate placing all devices in a global collection into maintenance mode and the removing them from maintenance mode? We can do this manually now but are looking to automate this if possible. I was able to use a policy to place the devices in the global collection into maintenance mode but I am not able to take them back out since the policy only allows one rule per attribute.

• 2.  Re: Automate sheduled maintenance mode for devices in Global Collection

Posted Nov 03, 2017 07:45 AM

If your perimeter is not too big, you create another GC (for example "Not In Maintenance") with all your devices in it. You use a second rule in your policy to unset the maintenance from devices onto that GC and set it after the maintenance rule (just in case you have a device in both GC). The limitation is one POLICY per attribute, not one RULE.

• 3.  Re: Automate sheduled maintenance mode for devices in Global Collection

Posted May 02, 2019 10:52 AM

Placing it in maintenance mode is not much of an issue but placing it in maintenance after hours and then take it back out when business hours start and automating the process is the issue. So is there a way to write a rule that will assign a maintenance schedule to the global collection?

• 4.  Re: Automate sheduled maintenance mode for devices in Global Collection

Posted May 02, 2019 11:03 AM

Martina,

I do not know of a way to do this within OneClick. What I normally recommend is to create two CLI scripts:

One to find all of the models that are associated with the GC and set the isManaged attribute id 0x1295d and set it to No to put the models in main mode

The other to find all of the models associated with the GC and set the isManaged attribute id 0x1295d and set it to Yes to take the models out of main mode

Then, use cron of the Windows schedular to run the scripts at the times needed.

Joe