Rally Software

• 1.  Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason: Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.

Posted Nov 02, 2017 12:47 PM

I am trying to use the Rally REST API using the Rally Node Module. I am running NodeJS v6.11.2, request module v2.74.0, and rally module v2.1.2. My token is valid.

When trying to connect, I am getting a 404 error with the following html body:

[ 'null: 404! body=<html>\n<head>\n<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>\n<title>Error 404 Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.</title>\n</head>\n<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>\n<p>Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason:\n<pre>    Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.</pre></p><hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/> :

Any ideas?

• 2.  Re: Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason: Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.

Posted Nov 02, 2017 03:08 PM

Hi Mike,

Can you please show a snippet of your nodeJS code that shows the connection setup? Please do not include passwords, APIKeys, or security tokens.

-Sean Davis

• 3.  Re: Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason: Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.

Posted Nov 02, 2017 03:22 PM

#!/usr/bin/env node

var request = require('request');

var rally = require('rally');

var queryUtils = rally.util.query;

var refUtils = rally.util.ref;

var rallyRestApi = rally(

//any additional request options (proxy options, timeouts, etc.)

}

});

function testit(){

var q = {

type: 'PortfolioItem/L2RoadmapItem', //the type to query

start: 1, //the 1-based start index, defaults to 1

pageSize: 200, //the page size (1-200, defaults to 200)

limit: 10, //the maximum number of results to return- enables auto paging

order: 'Rank', //how to sort the results

fetch: , //the fields to retrieve

query: queryUtils.where('DirectChildrenCount', '>', 0), //optional filter

scope: {

workspace: '/workspace/1111111', //specify to query entire workspace

project: '/project/1111111',

up: false, //true to include parent project results, false otherwise

down: true //true to include child project results, false otherwise

},

requestOptions: {} //optional additional options to pass through to request

};

rallyRestApi.get(q, function(err, resp){

if (err) console.log(err);

else console.log(resp);

});

}

testit();

• 4.  Re: Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason: Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.

Posted Nov 02, 2017 03:53 PM

Hi Mike,

Try making your rallyRestApi variable look like this:

var rally = require('rally'),    
    restApi = rally({
            user: 'userName', //required if no api key, defaults to process.env.RALLY_USERNAME
            pass: 'password', //required if no api key, defaults to process.env.RALLY_PASSWORD
            apiKey: '_12fj83fjk...', //preferred, required if no user/pass, defaults to process.env.RALLY_API_KEY
            apiVersion: 'v2.0', //this is the default and may be omitted
            server: 'https://rally1.rallydev.com'//this is the default and may be omitted
            requestOptions: {
                 headers: {
                     'X-RallyIntegrationName': 'My cool node.js program'//while optional, it is good practice to
                    'X-RallyIntegrationVendor': 'My company',             //provide this header information
                    'X-RallyIntegrationVersion': '1.0'
                   }
                 //any additional request options (proxy options, timeouts, etc.)

}
         });

Here is a link to the user guide that contains this example.

Let me know if that helps,

Sean

• 5.  Re: Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason: Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.

Posted Nov 02, 2017 04:08 PM

I changed the code, per your reference, replaced with my own token, and get the exact same error and html body.

-Mike

• 6.  Re: Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason: Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.

Posted Nov 02, 2017 07:00 PM

Can you post the full "var rallyRestApi = rally(" changing confidential information instead of removing it all?

Thanks,

Sean

• 7.  Re: Problem accessing /slm/webservice/v2.0null. Reason: Could not determine Web Services Version from \'\'.

Posted Nov 04, 2017 05:04 PM

I already sent this on Nov2 3:21pm Eastern time.

Thanks

Mike