Service Virtualization

• 1.  Application Test Community Edition

Posted Nov 02, 2017 03:33 PM

Does a Community Edition exist for Application Test?

It'd be great to be able to read/edit tests without needing to connect to registry server. I was hoping there was a free, light-weight  IDE like this to enable remote work w/out need to VPN/connect to registry.

Thanks,

-Jason

• 2.  Re: Application Test Community Edition

Posted Nov 03, 2017 07:53 PM

I know we are looking into adding support for baseline tests, and there may eventually be a simple model editor for REST/SOAP calls. Not sure if that matches what you're asking for.

• 3.  Re: Application Test Community Edition

Posted Nov 06, 2017 04:31 PM

Thanks for the reply Jeff. 

I'm actually looking for an Express/Community edition of Application Test - to be able to Read .tst files w/out being connected to a server/registry. It sounds like you're talking about additional functionality for the virtualization-specific community edition tool set.

There are many times I just need to load a script to check something, but I'm working remotely. Right now, I need to VPN to work so that the workstation can connect to the server's registry so I can open and read the test. Even better would be having the ability to read and edit (but maybe not execute) tests via workstation without server/registry connection. I hope that clarifies. 

• 4.  Re: Application Test Community Edition
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2017 10:38 AM

It seems pretty clear that the answer to your question is no, not at this time.

As a next step, you could try seeing whether an idea already exists for your requirement. If an idea doesn't exist, then create one.