IDMS

• 1.  Link Program from ADSO Dialog.

Posted Nov 03, 2017 02:17 AM

Hi,

I need your help and your valuable suggestion and to fix this error message "TASK:LOOK PROG:RHDCLOOK; VERSION OF COBOL COMPILER IS NOT RECOGNIZABLE" while execute IDMS-DC program  from ADSO.Could you please help me and your comments are more important to me.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

Development team has introduced a new call program name CDnnnR00 (IDMS-DC) from ADSO.  

Dev. team request to defined the new program CDnnnR00

1. DCMT VDP CDnnnR00 COBOL QUA .

2. Program CDnnnR00 successfully defined and verified it. [Type PROGRAM and Language COBOL]

DCMT D Program CDnnnR00

For compling this program using the standard skeleton below.

I = IDMS

C= COBOL

C= IDMS DC ONLINE COBOL

But its failing, and displayed error message from CVTEST log in the below:

DC028001 V2 T6206 TASK:LOOK PROG:RHDCLOOK; VERSION OF COBOL COMPILER IS NOT RECOGNIZABLE

DC028001 V2 T6206 TASK:LOOK PROG:RHDCLOOK; VERSION OF COBOL COMPILER IS NOT RECOGNIZABLE   

Explanation of message DC028001

D MESSAGE DC028001

MESSAGE ID DC028001

LINE 1

SEVERITY 0

DESTINATION LOG, OPER

O.S. DEST CODE 3

O.S. ROUTE CODE 11

MESSAGE TEXT T&$0 TASK:&$4 PROG:&$5; VERSION OF COBOL COMPILER IS NOT RECOG

NIZABLE

DEFINITION DC028001 TASK: <task-code> PROG: <program-name>;

VERSION OF COBOL COMPILER IS NOT RECOGNIZABLE

Probable causes for this message are as follows:

o An attempt has been made to execute a program compiled

with a COBOL compiler not supported by this release of

CA IDMS.

o The named program has been compiled with invalid

compiler options. For a list of valid compiler

options, refer to the <<CA IDMS DML Reference -- COBOL>>.

o The load module has been overwritten.

o A non-COBOL program has been defined as COBOL in the

sysgen, possibly by default.

o A SNAP of the program in error will written to the log.

The snap will be titled: COBOL-BAD COMPILER/OPTION/VERB.

The program snapped should be investigated. The program

named in the DC028001 message may indicate the calling

program in some cases. Snapped program is in error

COMMENTS Module(s) = RHDCPCBO

Additional information...

• 2.  Re: Link Program from ADSO Dialog.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 02:38 AM

What release of cobol are you using?

If this is cobol.ii or above you should not be defining it as QUAsireentrant, it should be REEntrant (although I suspect IDMS will force cobol.ii to be reentrant anyway).

Are you using any unsupported cobol compile options?
    You can find them here:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-idms-ref/19/en/dml-reference-for-cobol/vs-cobol-ii-support
    and here:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-idms-ref/19/en/dml-reference-for-cobol/considerations-for-ibm-language-environment#ConsiderationsforIBMLanguageEnvironment-UnsupportedLEFunctions

This message can also be caused by not INCLUDEing the application program first in the link-edit.

The mention of LOOK is interesting given that you say the message happens when you execute the program from ADSO.
    Are you actually trying to load the program with the LOOK command?

If none of this helps, you should probably open a support issue.

Best regards,
    Ian Hill.

• 3.  Re: Link Program from ADSO Dialog.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 03, 2017 02:06 PM

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your quick solution.

It helps me to undertand the technically, now, it was fixed one program it is defined Fully REEntrant and it doesn't show the error message "TASK:LOOK PROG:RHDCLOOK; VERSION OF COBOL COMPILER IS NOT RECOGNIZABLE" after I did the LOOK command.

In the background the development team working on this new program in their project.

I have to figure out and follow the same to the another program was wrong defined QUAsireentrant.  I need to defined the correct as a Fully REEntrant.

I will get back to you and will keep my updates.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 4.  Re: Link Program from ADSO Dialog.

Posted Nov 04, 2017 02:19 AM

Hi lan,

We are using the Enterprise COBOL for z/OS 4.2.0

I did few things to modify Fully REEntrant to the program CDnnnR00

I was trying to delete program using DCMT command below

DCMT VDP <program-name> DEL .

It was shown in my job output

"IDMS DC273905 V2 Program CDnnnR00 NOT CREATED DYNAMICALLY"

Then, I try to find the message DC273905"The user attempted to change or delete dynamically a task or program definition, but the task or program was not defined dynamically; only definitions that were added dynamically can be changed or deleted dynamically.  Check the spelling of the task code or program name.  To display a list of tasks or programs that were added dynamically, issue the DCMT DISPLAY TASKS command or the DCMT DISPLAY PROGRAMS command; dynamically defined entities are listed at the end of their respective displays".

After that, I logon CVTEST and issued the DCMT D Program CDnnnR00

still it was program displayed with the option QUAsireentrant, then, I did the LOOK command it is pick and changed Fully REEntrant to the program CDnnnR00

I hope that IDMS forced to use the Fully REEntrant and I belive the above message DC273905 it won't cause any issue.

Could you please let me know your thoughts and I will check if anything to correct it from my end.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph

• 5.  Re: Link Program from ADSO Dialog.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 03:21 AM

Hi, Sushil,
    The DC273905 message tells me that program CDnnnR00 is defined to SYSGEN, and not just dynamically with DCMT.
    That's what the message is saying. You can only delete dynamically defined programs.

Are you aware that defining tasks and programs to the system with DCMT is only a temporary dynamic change and will only last until the next shutdown?
    You need to define tasks and programs to SYSGEN in order to have them defined permanently.

The LOOK command forces IDMS to load the program and that changes the attribute to REENTRANT for cobol.ii programs.

Best regards,
    Ian.

• 6.  Re: Link Program from ADSO Dialog.

Posted Nov 06, 2017 04:09 AM

Thanks Ian for the explanation DC273905 message.

I just came to know after you asked. "DCMT is only a temporary dynamic change and will only last until the next shutdown."

As of now temporary dynamic change will be ok, because the exisiting program it is performing the same.

Ok, now I understood, so this is the reason today morning, when I logged to CV and DMCT D PROGRAM <Program-name> the attribute are QUSIREENTRANT

Once dev. team access the program in the background IDMS to load the program and that changes the attribute to REENTRANT. I have confirmed with dev. team program CDnnnR00 tested and working fine as per their requirement.

Thanks once again for your help on this.

Thanks,

Sushil Joseph