Plex 2E

• 1.  How find implementation names with multiple functions?

Posted Nov 03, 2017 03:17 AM

Because of wrong setting in Name Allocation settings I have probably functions with same Implementation names. There is at least one such case in the model, and it caused a wrong function to be called.

Is there a way to find such implementation names that have more than one functions having their name as the implementation name?

• 2.  Re: How find implementation names with multiple functions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 05:43 AM

Dear Juho,

Select the Name object from object browser and look for Object-> Dependencies..

This will identify and list all the dependent object for the selected Name object.

regards

Thomas

• 3.  Re: How find implementation names with multiple functions?

Posted Nov 06, 2017 09:31 AM

Thanks for the answer. I already knew that you can find the functions with the name by using the Object->Dependencies. I just wanted such a solution that I could for example loop through names in the model and get a list of those names that have multiple objects dependent on them.

Maybe I'll try exporting xml diagram or something like that if there would be implementation names of functions exported.

• 4.  Re: How find implementation names with multiple functions?

Posted Nov 06, 2017 11:58 AM

have you reviewed Stella tools? it sound like a work done there...or able to be built there.

• 5.  Re: How find implementation names with multiple functions?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 12:42 AM

Ok, I could try Stella Tools.

• 6.  Re: How find implementation names with multiple functions?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2017 12:47 AM

stellatools would do it but i got a quicker method

drag all the names into model editor

do usage

then print them as pdf or oxps 

then you got the raw data to use in excel!

probably he first time in 20 years i have ever use the model editor print functionality

• 7.  Re: How find implementation names with multiple functions?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 01:01 AM

• 8.  Re: How find implementation names with multiple functions?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 01:06 AM

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it. However, there are over 15 thousand names in the library, so probably one shouldn't try to drag them all at once.