Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to install CA LISA 10.1V on multiple machines?

Posted Nov 03, 2017 03:27 AM

Hi Team,

I have installed LISA 10.1V on local system and its working fine as expected. Now i want to install same devtest server(10.1V) on multiple machines and use one Registry to access that devtest server from different machines.

Q1.) For doing above, do we need remote system?

Q2.) For doing above, do wee need to set up environment variable?

Q3.) For doing above, do we need to select shared option during installation?

Could you please guide me how to do that?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Suresh N

• 2.  Re: How to install CA LISA 10.1V on multiple machines?

Posted Nov 05, 2017 10:56 PM

Can anyone help me here?

• 3.  Re: How to install CA LISA 10.1V on multiple machines?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 06, 2017 04:31 PM

What specifically are you trying to achieve by installing multiple VSE, Coordinators, Simulators, etc.?

I am curious if DevTest Community Edition or CodeSV might also work for you.  Both have smaller footprints.

One challenge: How do you ensure that each new installation names their components so they don't conflict with another installation?

After installation and before starting the services on each new machine:

• Ensure that local.properties is pointing to the one registry; you will NOT start the Registry Service on this machine -- it should be executing on the other machine.

lisa.registryName=tcp://<serverName or IP>:2010/Registry

You could also add lisaAutoConnect=tcp://<serverName or IP>:2010/Registry if you want to

• Name each VSE, Coordinator, and Simulator with a unique name. For your own sanity, edit each CLI and Service .vmoptions for the components (VSE, Coordinator, Simulator):

-Dlisa.vseName=vse1 - where "vse1" changes so that each new install is visible in Portal 

-Dlisa.coordinatorName=Coord1 - where "Coord1" changes for each install 

-Dlisa.simulatorName=Sim1 - where "Sim1" changes for each install 

Check out abrsh01 tech tip: Tech Tips: Creating and Configuring Multiple Simulators on the Same Machine for Windows Services if considering multiple Simulators on a single machine.

As you start each service, check the log file(s) to ensure the service starts correctly and attaches to the Registry.

In Workstation, all of the environments will be visible. You can create and assign ACLs (groups, roles, etc.) to your users if you need to implement security such that folks do not see each other's environments.

• 4.  Re: How to install CA LISA 10.1V on multiple machines?

Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:49 PM

Hi Joel Smith,

Thanks for your help.

And my registry name starts with M5-*********(My machine name). So, Can i continue with same registry or do i need to change it?

Can you tell me the CA standard names for the registreis?

If registry should be changed, how to create new registry for the exsting registry?

Thanks,

Suresh N

• 5.  Re: How to install CA LISA 10.1V on multiple machines?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 10:35 AM

The name of the computer running the Registry can be anything so long as it can be resolved by IP address or DNS lookup. So, the other installations would use local.properties and specify your machine name.

lisa.registryName=tcp://M5-*******:2010/Registry

When services on the other machines are started, each service registers itself with the Registry. If the Registry on your machine is NOT running (either service or CLI), those services will NOT start. if this "M5-****" machine is your laptop / workstation computer, the moment you shut it down, the other services will start throwing connection errors and shut themselves down. 

Do not forget that firewalls and network routing must also allow tcp connections on the DevTest ports running on m5-****.

• 6.  Re: How to install CA LISA 10.1V on multiple machines?

Posted Nov 07, 2017 10:49 AM

Thanks a lot. Joel