CA Service Management

• 1.  Mobility Configure.

Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:11 AM

Hello Team

I need an advise to configure Mobility. We have migrated to sdm 17 with High Availability Feature. I need to know whether Unified Self Service need to be installed to access Service management mobile application or not? 

we have 4 servers as of now 1 for db, 1 for standby ,1 for Bg, 1 for app. Now we are engaging one more server and expose it on Internet so that our employes can access casm application on their smartphones. So only configure Rest services on sdm application would be enough or i need to install USS also?

Please advise.

Thanks 

• 2.  Re: Mobility Configure.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:14 AM

Aamir, if you need mobile access to SDM only no need to install USS. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Mobility Configure.

Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:21 AM

Hi Aamir,

You do not need USS installed to use the CASM Mobile App.  The Mobile app uses the REST web services interface.

Check out this section of documentation for all the details:

CA Service Management Mobile Application - CA Service Management - 17.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Jon

• 4.  Re: Mobility Configure.

Posted Nov 06, 2017 12:29 PM

hi Jon n Chi chen

thanks for your advise

I have also service catalog integrated with sdm . So if I want to use

service catalog services from casm mobile application.. then I have to use

USS url in casm application to login  ?

So, using USS url in casm mobile app....both sdm n SC can be achieved ?

Correct me if I'm wrong

On 06-Nov-2017 8:22 pm, "Jon_Israel" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 5.  Re: Mobility Configure.

Posted Nov 06, 2017 12:53 PM

I believe you are correct - for Catalog I think you need to hit USS to work with catalog services in the mobile app.  So YES, if you are using USS, then you can access functions from both I believe.

• 6.  Re: Mobility Configure.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 01:31 PM

You can access to catalog features through the mobile app by connecting to Catalog URL. Example:

http://Catalog_Hostname:8080/usm 

However, if you need Catalog and SDM features, then you would need use USS URL similar to:

http://USS_Hostname:8686 

and ensure that SDM and Catalog datasources are set and enabled.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pablo