Test Data Manager

• 1.  TDM support for MySQL and PostgreSQL

Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:26 AM

Hi,

As per the documentation I have gone through, I understand that CA TDM supports PostgreSQL but not MySQL. Thsi is from Masking and Data Generation perspective. Kindly confirm.

Also, if there is a workaround available for MySQL, kindly help to point to any documentation for the same.

Regards

Shrinivas

• 2.  Re: TDM support for MySQL and PostgreSQL
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:41 AM

Hi Shrinivas,

Postgre SQL is only supported for data masking and MYSQL is supported for data generation, sub-setting and masking.

You could find out the full details of the supported data sources at the below link:

Supported Data Sources - CA Test Data Manager - 4.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Anil

• 3.  Re: TDM support for MySQL and PostgreSQL

Posted Nov 06, 2017 10:51 AM

Thanks for that quick response Anil!

• 4.  RE: Re: TDM support for MySQL and PostgreSQL

Posted Aug 16, 2020 08:52 PM
    hi Anil 
    can you please confirm how do you configure DNS for MySQL? i am not clear with this response. I have to configure dns and i am not able to do that even through i tried with both 64 bit and 32 bit am getting error in CA TDM white trying to configure source and target

Cannot connect using supplied values.

Connection: 
    Profile: source
    odbc: 999
    SQLSTATE = IM014
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

• 5.  RE: Re: TDM support for MySQL and PostgreSQL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2020 03:55 AM
    Hi,

Have you installed the MySQL driver,  This is the link to the documentation with the instructions for loading the driver. -  https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/test-data-management/4-9/installing/supported-data-sources/notes-on-implementation-with-specific-data-sources.html#concept.dita_1dcf72d4deca5c21cf3a2704f77ddf29624ee21f_mysqlmysql56

------------------------------
    Regards

Keith Puzey
    Client Services Consultant | Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------