DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  delay on profile

Posted Nov 06, 2017 03:44 PM

I have a need to delay a service alarm for 10 minutes.  If it clears within the 10 minutes, of course nothing would happen.  If no clear after 10 minutes, it would continue to send the alarm out.  Seems like something simple, but not sure how to best go about it.  

• 2.  Re: delay on profile

Posted Nov 06, 2017 05:40 PM

Are you referring to delaying a specific action after the alarm is generated... like an email ?

I think the "On overdue age" option in the AO should help you with this 

• 3.  Re: delay on profile

Posted Nov 07, 2017 05:49 AM

In the nas probe , create 2 different "Profiles" under the "Auto-Operator" tab.

1) First profile ("Test_Invisible") will be used to have your server being down alarms invisible.

2) Second profile ("Test_Delay") will be used to make your previous invisible alarms visible after a certain amount of time.

3) You can  test creating a test alarm "this is a test" with the matching word "test". Once created, the alarm became invisible (per Test_Invisible profile).

4) Then, in test_Delay profile chose "Action mode" = "On overdue age = 10 min". With this, you will made the invisible alarm visible after 10 minutes. You can choose between 5, 15, 60 and 90 minutes.

• 4.  Re: delay on profile

Posted Jan 04, 2018 02:54 PM

Very long delay - Thank You, this helped me.