CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

• 1.  Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 07, 2017 04:00 AM

Hi Communities

I have question for anyone,  cause I'm struggling with users logging in to USS after the id's was recreated on our AD domain. Not sure why, they where added to the same membership in AD. This only happens after they where recreated in AD with the same ID.

I would just like to know if there is developers having the same issue with USS and how did they fix it cause it has been months and removed duplicates of the user everywhere still no luck.

Regards

Edgar Louw

• 2.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 07, 2017 04:08 AM

Also they can log on to Service desk and CA catalog Respectively. But when they try to log in via USS No luck.

It basically gives a Authentication error : Your request failed to complete - Authentication failed. Please try again. We also use Automatic log in.

sorry communities, I can't supply id's and any ad info. I'm just asking if someone had this issue before and how to fix. We have been struggling for months now with it.

• 3.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 07, 2017 07:39 AM

Hi Edgar,

How were the users created in USS initially (manually or imported via EEM-->LDAP)??

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 07, 2017 08:07 AM

Hi Brian

USS Authenticates via EEM.

Regards

Edgar Louw

• 5.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:18 AM

Two questions:

- Can you confirm if a user who is completely new to the AD experiences the same problem?  Is it purely with users who had been recreated in the AD?

- What happens if you were to re-attach the AD to your EEM install?

• 6.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi David

Funny enough, the user having the issue only has it in Prod, QA and DEV works. New user is fine, Only when a user has left and came back. We just reactivate them in AD.

I will have to ask the second Question and come back to you. As I'm not one investigating, but I am helping with the issue. But when I get answer will reply.

regards

Edgar Louw

• 7.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi David

To answer you second question.

We configured our EEM to look at our AD servers. So it constantly looks at AD and  any updates.

• 8.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 14, 2017 03:55 AM

Hi Guys

It's when a user gets deactivate and then reactivated with another ID on AD that we having the issue, then they can't log in to USS. Sorry guys forgot stipulate this.

he had access on his old userid.

Regards

Edgar Louw   

• 9.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 14, 2017 08:06 AM

Hi Edgar,

Few questions here:

- when the user is re-created in AD with a different userid, was that user put into the appropriate group to have access to USS? (compare with another user that CAN access USS)

- do you have USS set to auto-create accounts upon first login?  Meaning that if the user never logged into USS, and didnt have an account manually created in USS, then the first time they log into USS it would create their account - is this occurring in your environment?

Hope this helps,

Jon

• 10.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 15, 2017 03:16 AM

Hi Jon

Hope all well, Could it be that maybe in USS the account id is against there old AD account and email and now because he was recreated with a new id and existing email, it is causing maybe issue. Do you think it's maybe still looking at the already existing account id. We do not create them in USS They have Account id's like in SRS.

• 11.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 15, 2017 08:09 AM

Hi Edgar, 

I am not sure what would cause this - as Raghu had asked, you CAN log into EEM with that new account, so its almost as if USS is caching something, but I am not sure where that is occurring.  At this point I would say it would be best to open a support case on this one so an engineer can take a look at it with you to see what may be going on there.

Thanks,

Jon

• 12.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 15, 2017 08:11 AM

Also as a side note - if you open a support case, please post the number here so we can follow it as well and post the solution here once its found

• 13.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 15, 2017 08:16 AM

Hi Jon

I didn't log a support call someone else did, but will post how we fixed if and when the fix is supplied..

Regards

Edgar Louw

• 14.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 15, 2017 08:17 AM

Hi Jon

I thought maybe someone on here has had this before. But thanks for replying I mean this Communities is awesome.

Regards

Edgar louw

• 15.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 11:25 AM

Hi Edgar,

Is that user able to login to EEM directly after he has been activated back?    There maybe a cache issue that we're hitting here.

_R

• 16.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 15, 2017 03:17 AM

HI Raghu

Thanks for the reply we have tested that and no issue there.

• 17.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:12 AM

Hi Edgar - is this issue still occurring?  If so, I would recommend that you open a support case for this one so that an engineer can take a look at it with you and troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 18.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:22 AM

Thanks Mr Jon

No Need we have support call. They are looking at it. CA is on the case.

Regards

Edgar Louw

• 19.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:44 AM

CA gave us a Patch, We will try and apply it and I will give feedback if it fixes it.

• 20.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 29, 2017 10:37 AM

Thanks Edgar - can you post the case number here for us?

Jon

• 21.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Nov 30, 2017 01:30 AM

Will do

Edgar Louw

Secondary Technical Support

Sanlam Group Technology and Information

T +27 21 947 6483  C +27 83 784 8770

edgar.louw@sanlam.co.za

Sanlam Head Office, 2 Strand Road, Bellville, 7532

• 22.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Dec 15, 2017 01:50 AM

Hi Guys

Just want to give heads up CA supplied us with Patches to fix this issue we are bit behind on the patched level in Prod for USS. We applied the second  of the required patches last night, before apply the fix from USS developers.

Which they say will sort the issue out. But we didn't apply this fix yet to all enviroments, as the user where able to log in Dev and QA.

If they still can' t log in today we will apply the fix from CA next week.

Regards

Edgar Louw 

• 23.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Jan 15, 2018 08:40 AM

Hi Communities

Just wanted to give update on this, We applied the fix and still doesn't work. We are still working with the support call to see if we can get another solution.

Edgar Louw

• 24.  Re: Unified Self-Service Log in Issue for users

Posted Jan 26, 2018 04:46 AM

Hi Communities

We have finally fixed this issue:

The Uss system caches id's inside the app on first log in, which you have to deactivate manually before adding the same user details with a different userid. Because for some reason USS references the details of user, for example like 'email address', last name and first name. It didn't matter to USS that the id wasn't the same.

So we renamed the user with a "_invalid" and then deactiveted them Manually. Then when the user log in with there new id, it recreates the user profile on  first log in with a the new userid.

You manage ID's in the application, I also didn't know this. it's under the "control panel - user and organizations". I didn't have access to the control panel before. After I got access I figured this out that the system caches old id's which you have to deactivate.

I just though you guys wanted to know the fix. This quetion can be closed thanks for the help.

Regards

Edgar Louw