DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CEM - local, CA EEM or LDAP

Posted Nov 07, 2017 06:56 AM

Howdy Community,

Has anyone been able to log into CEM using local or LDAP in 10.5.2.24 (sp1)?

In the documentation: 

CEM Security Mechanisms - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

"CEM Security Mechanisms - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies DocumentationDemandbase pixelDemandbase pixel

In setting up CA APM security, your organization must determine which single or hybrid security realm to deploy. In order for CA APM users to access CA CEM, you must deploy either the Local, CA EEM, or LDAP realm."

We have LDAP (MS Active Directory) and are able to log into TeamCenter and Workstation but get a 403 error when attempting to access the CEM interface.

So before I delete an EM from one of my systems, and reinstall the EM with all defaults to see if I can access CEM, I thought I would ask if it is even possible to access CEM without EEM.

Thank you,

Billy

• 2.  Re: CEM - local, CA EEM or LDAP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2017 08:47 AM

Has anyone else seen the same scenario and resolved this? I would like to first give the Community's APM admins/customers and partners be the first to respond. Thanks in advance! 

• 3.  Re: CEM - local, CA EEM or LDAP
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 08:16 AM

All:

I would like anyone that has insights to help Billy if they can.Please help him move forward on this issue

Billy:

I will ask internally as well. If there is no response by the time that you read this, please open a case. If you do this, please report back the resolution to help others

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: CEM - local, CA EEM or LDAP

Posted Nov 14, 2017 07:16 AM

I had a support case 00868482 and after several back and forth configuration files and a couple webex the support tech found 

DE312152 - Unable to Log into CEM After Upgrade

In the release notes of 10.5.2 sp2

I'm trying to get application of the sp2 into our v10.0 to v10.5.2 sp1 effort and it looks like we are going to need to run through our testing which will cost us several weeks worth of effort.

If I can get sp2 installed and if that fixes the access to the CEM interface, I'll post the results here.