Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA SSO integrated with CAS version 1.0

Posted Nov 07, 2017 08:37 AM

Hi we have a customer that has implemented CAS version 1.0 and they are asking f we could implement CA SSO on other webs and integrate it with the existing implementation that is using CAS 1.0.

The use case would be; if a user access a site protected by CA SSO, this would have to put his credenciales, once authenticated if the user access a diferente site but this is not in the CA SSO protection, instead uses CAS 1.0, the user should not have put in credencial. This should be in both ways: CA SSO <-- SSO --> CAS 1.0

Regards.

• 2.  Re: CA SSO integrated with CAS version 1.0

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2017 11:09 AM

Hi,

Could you spell out what CAS stands for, or even provide a vendor link so we understand exactly what product you were

referring to.

CA SSO has a list of Security SaaS Validation Program Runbook Library, if this product you mentioned is not listed there, then it is not certified or tested. Which means it will need to be submitted to CA product management as a new idea though this community.

CA Single Sign-On Security SaaS Validation Program Runbook Library 

Hope this helps.

Hongxu

• 3.  Re: CA SSO integrated with CAS version 1.0

Posted Nov 07, 2017 11:12 AM

Hi LIU, CAS is for  Central Authentication Service (CAS)

• 4.  Re: CA SSO integrated with CAS version 1.0

Posted Nov 08, 2017 03:58 PM

CAS supports SAML, specifically SAML 2.0. I would recommend you setup bidirectional Federation Partnerships (IPD->SP and SP->IDP). It also supports many other protocols, so this may not be the only way to achieve this goal.

I am referring current versions of CAS, I do not know if CAS 1.0 supports SAML. CAS is currently on 4.x. I recommend you upgrade your CAS environment, prior to attempting any integration.

I do not have a run-book for SAML integration with CAS, but there are plenty of examples of setting up Federation Partnerships with CA-SSO. I recommend you follow an example, but use CAS as the non CA-SSO entity.

• 5.  Re: CA SSO integrated with CAS version 1.0

Posted Dec 05, 2017 10:53 PM

We have a similar use case to have vendor CAS implementation serving as SAML SP and federating with CA SSO IDP.

I saw this documentation where CAS can act as SAML IDP.

CAS - SAML2 Authentication 

Any information on using CAS as SP?