CA Service Management

• 1.  Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Posted Nov 08, 2017 04:17 AM

We are getting a error popup saying bad date or bad date format when the requested completion date is selected from the employee interface.

Log shows following error: 

bpebr_nxd            5628 SIGNIFICANT  bpebr.c               6133 EBR::GetSearchKeywords():wrong search type=''

Any ideas towards the resolution?

• 2.  Re: Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:21 AM

Hello,

Can you confirm if the given date field ever worked before?  Is this field part of a form customisation?

The log message given involves Knowledge Tools searches, and may be a separate concern or an unrelated consequence from the form being used.

• 3.  Re: Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:50 AM

This was a helpful pointer. SuggestKnowledge() function is being called from the page.

If the function is called, the error occurs. If the function is not used, the ticket gets saved properly.

Any suggestions on what could be the troubleshooting steps?

• 4.  Re: Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 13, 2017 03:01 PM

Chirag,

Please attach the specific form you are using that contains the SuggestKnowledge function call.

I'd be curious to the history of the custom page, if you may have brought this form over from another install or if you had a patch update and the given form itself needs to be updated to match the patch.

Speaking of, please provide the HIS file from the server as well.

• 5.  Re: Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:04 AM

Chirag, requested completion date is not an out of box field on employee web interface so I would say you customized it.

Do you mind you share this part of the script so we can try to see why you have a bad date format issue? Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:51 AM

The call_back_date field is being used in the back end. The error is somehow related to the knowledge module as suggested by David in the previous comment.

• 7.  Re: Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2017 11:49 AM

Chirag, may be you can post the employee custom files so guys can take a look? You said "when the requested completion date is selected from the employee interface"... out of box there is no requested completion date so I think

you have customized this page. Thanks _Chi

• 8.  Re: Getting 'bad date or bad date format' error

Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:15 AM

Hi chiragmunje - I see that David had asked you for your history file along with the custom form.  Please let us know if you can provide that for us.

Thanks,
    Jon I.