Clarity

• 1.  Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups

Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:58 AM

Hi,

I have a requirement for Advanced Reporting Jaspersoft reports to provide the report view/run permission based on the groups setup in Clarity. For example few custom reports should be visible to users belongs to certain group only. The users from other groups shouldn't see the report even if they have advanced reporting navigate and create rights.

Is it possible to setup this from Clarity groups? or should i have to setup using the roles and permission in advanced reporting settings? 

Thanks,

Shiva

• 2.  Re: Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:36 AM

PPM rights are not apple to apple in Jaspersoft, there are Roles  in Jaspersoft  and you need to map accordingly 

• 3.  Re: Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups

Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:53 AM

In jaspersoft its a manual job. After addition of new report and new users again we have to manually do it. we looking for automated way to do it.

• 4.  Re: Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:56 AM

in 15.3 there is automatic Jaspersoft sync role job that can automate for you 

• 5.  Re: Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups

Posted Nov 16, 2017 02:08 AM

I checked the job description. JS role and group mapping that is mentioned is nothing but advanced reporting permission that we add to clarity groups correct? or its different?

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm-saas/15-3/en/reference/ca-ppm-jobs-reference#CAPPMJobsReference-SynchronizeJaspersoftRolesJ… 

Thanks,

Shiva

• 6.  Re: Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 03:21 AM

You need to create a group in PPM and role in Jaspersoft and you add resources to the group in ppm and same resources will be added to that role in Jaspersoft.

• 7.  Re: Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups

Posted Nov 16, 2017 07:27 AM

I went through this job description but I was missing this info.

"For a Jaspersoft role to sync, it must have the same ID as a CA PPM access group"

Thanks,

Shiva

• 8.  Re: Advanced Reporting: Provide report permission based on the Clarity groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 08:39 AM

Now you have it. I hope it helps

Regards

Suman Pramanik