Clarity

• 1.  Tasks in a Gantt chart - changing date automatically

Posted Nov 09, 2017 06:18 AM

Tasks within a Gantt chart

Live - 14.3

Test - 15.3

Is anyone able to explain the following to me?

In the Test environment I have generated one of our project templates, I amend each project task date to the relevant start/finish. 

If I then submit a time sheet which is then posted in the system for some reason it seems to alter the start date of the task I have added time to on the time sheet within the Gantt chart. 

For example I set the start date of a particular task to - 09/11/2017, if I submit a time sheet ahead of time say the week after it will automatically update the task date with the same date of that week of the timesheet. 

Can anyone explain this?

Kind Regards

• 2.  Re: Tasks in a Gantt chart - changing date automatically

Posted Nov 09, 2017 06:31 AM

Hi,

Are you auto scheduling your tasks? Auto scheduling can probably explain this behaviour.

• 3.  Re: Tasks in a Gantt chart - changing date automatically

Posted Nov 09, 2017 08:00 AM

Hi Jeevan

As far as I'm aware we are not auto scheduling them. 

I didn't know if it had anything to do with the 15.3 upgrade, I could be wrong.

Kind Regards

• 4.  Re: Tasks in a Gantt chart - changing date automatically
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 09, 2017 10:53 AM

My understanding is that the start date of a task will be always set to the date of the first posted actuals.

It does not matter what the start date in the schedule is.

It has always been like that.

• 5.  Re: Tasks in a Gantt chart - changing date automatically

Posted Nov 09, 2017 08:20 PM

True. I went into the impression that the Start Date was being pushed to a date sometime in the future, after reading the description. But if it is actually shifting back to cover actuals in the past, then I think you are correct.

• 6.  Re: Tasks in a Gantt chart - changing date automatically

Posted Nov 16, 2017 05:39 AM

Thank you, that helps.

• 7.  Re: Tasks in a Gantt chart - changing date automatically

Posted Nov 16, 2017 10:14 AM

Bear in mind that you may enter time before the first posted actual which will make the start date earlier according ly.