CA Service Management

• 1.  Is it possible to create a Data Partition for both Incident and Request?

Posted Nov 09, 2017 12:43 AM

Hi, 

I have successfully created the data partition(defaults) for the Request, here are the values that should be set:

impact=5; urgency=2; zreporting_method=7305; priority=4;

However, I need to apply this also to Incident tickets that will be created.

I have tried adding type='I' in the constraint but it didn't work

Thanks,

Chad.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to create a Data Partition for both Incident and Request?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 09, 2017 04:52 AM

Hi Chad,

If your data partition is created for table Call_Req it applies to Request/Incident/Problem.

Carlos

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to create a Data Partition for both Incident and Request?

Posted Nov 09, 2017 10:05 AM

Hi chaddustine.morelos  - Carlos' answer here is correct.  Data partitions are by table, and the call_Req table holds all three ticket types as mentioned, so if you have a restriction on one, it applies to all three ticket types.

Let us know if this helps!

Jon

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to create a Data Partition for both Incident and Request?

Posted Nov 09, 2017 07:15 PM

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the info.

I've also checked why the Data Partition was not applying to Incident, and I saw that there's an existing matrix for Incident. 

Chad

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to create a Data Partition for both Incident and Request?

Posted Nov 10, 2017 04:09 AM

Hi Chad,

If you have active the priority matrix for incident, you need set the urgency and impact on priority matrix.

You can configure this on Administration -> ServiceDesk -> Requests/Incidents/Problems -> Priority Calculation.

Priority Calculation

Regards,

Carlos

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to create a Data Partition for both Incident and Request?

Posted Nov 10, 2017 04:39 AM

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the data. I'll take note of these information.

Regards,

Chad