Rally Software

• 1.  CA Agile Central Database Connector - Manual CSV-Only Operation Not Triggering?

Posted Nov 09, 2017 02:39 PM

CA Agile Central Database Connector - 

When I attempt to run a CSV-Only Manual Operation, nothing much happens.  No errors, No logging, Nothing produced.  I am not sure what I'm missing.  Any type of help or direction is much appreciated. I am an ambitious newbie and may have missed something very minor during installation or configuration. 

https://help.rallydev.com/agile-central-database-connector

Operation

Manual

Using a terminal window or console:

1. cd to the installation root directory e.g. /opt/local/sw/dbeif-1.0.0
    2. python 3.5 ac2db_connector product_x(.yml)

• 2.  Re: CA Agile Central Database Connector - Manual CSV-Only Operation Not Triggering?

Posted Nov 10, 2017 03:47 AM

michael.addington,

It is strange that nothing at all would happen.  The only thing I can see is that the Help needs to be updated.  There should not be a space between python and 3.5.  Not sure if you have tried running it without the space:

python3.5 ac2db_connector product_x(.yml)

I'll get the User Learning team to update the page for that at least.

Hopefully that is all it is.

You can also test your Python 3.5 installation by creating a file with:

print("Hello World!") and save it as hello.py.  Then just run: python3.5 hello.py to make sure that at least returns, Hello World!

Michael

• 3.  Re: CA Agile Central Database Connector - Manual CSV-Only Operation Not Triggering?

Posted Nov 14, 2017 04:53 PM

I was able to successfully run hello.py as you described.  It's been an adventure translating the directions to windows perspective. In addition, I think I may not have the installation fully completed due to issues with certificates and permissions. 

For Example:  

1. pip3.5 install requests==2.12.5

For me translated to:

1. py -3 -m pip install --trusted-host pypi.python.org requests

This command bypassed my ssl cert issues, but returned a Permission error, so I am guessing I need tech admin support to help me install the python packages listed in the Installation guide. 

PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\Python\\Pyth
    on36\\Lib\\site-packages\\chardet'

Beyond that, I'm not sure what exactly to run here for my config file named "mike.yml" 
    python3.5 ac2db_connector product_x(.yml)

Translates to?

py -3 ac2db_connector mike

py -3 ac2db_connector mike.yml

py -3 ac2db_connector mike(.yml)

Installation

1. pip3.5 install requests==2.12.5
    2. pip3.5 install pyral==1.3.1
    3. pip3.5 install PyYAML==3.12
    4. pip3.5 install psycopg2==2.6.2
    5. pip3.5 install cryptography==1.7.1