• 1.  Facing a problem with Release Dashboard app

Posted Nov 09, 2017 12:18 PM

Hello

Requesting help/guidance to resolve the below issue , the details are

1. I have created my own custom page
    2. during the custom page creation  I have selected the time box of release
    3. In the page I have added Release Dashboard app
    4. I have also added Release Summary APP in the same page
    5. The data in the Release Summary app   and Release Dashboard app is not matching. Looks like Release Dashboard APP is not filtering the data properly
    6. Attached  snapshots . In the snapshot the defect count is not matching   Release Dashboard is showing 23 in fixed and close , where Release Summary is showing total of 11 Defects for this release
    7.  the data mismatch is happening for US and Test cases as well

Requesting your  help/guidance immediately , I have few discussions coming up in next few days based on the data

Thank you

Prabhuram

• 2.  Re: Facing a problem with Release Dashboard app

Posted Nov 10, 2017 06:06 AM

Prabhuram,

The Release Summary app displays specifically the User Stories and Defects that are scheduled into the Release.  The Release Dashboard app has a bit of a different behavior.

Here is the information from the Help Document:

• Scheduled Work: Displays the count of user stories, defects, and defect suites in each Schedule State.
    • Test Cases: Displays the total last verdict count of test cases that are associated with user stories scheduled in the release.
    • Defects: Displays a breakdown of defects scheduled or linked to user stories that are scheduled in the release by the State field.

So for the Defect count, any Defect that is associated to a User Story will show up in that count, not just Defects that are scheduled into the Release.  The same is true for the Test Cases.

There is not specific display for User Stories on the Release Dashboard app, the Scheduled Work field is a count of both Defects and User Stories combined.

I hope that helps.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Facing a problem with Release Dashboard app

Posted Nov 13, 2017 07:09 AM

Hello Michael

Thank you for the reply on my query

I am still not clear how Release Dashboard APP  , need your guidance/inputs

My current project  the Release Dashboard APP shows scheduled work of 40 accepted (I have selected the name of the release in the Release Dashboard APP), where as  actual data from the project filtered for this release is only 33 US accepted .   I am not sure what else does this APP add up to show 40.  You had mentioned in the reply that  Release Dashboard APP considers both US and Defects. Please clarify  what are the states of Defects is counted under  Accepted. Is it only Fixed and Closed.

Please clarify the mapping of defects status like Fixed and Closed , failed testing , submitted , not a defects  etc to

Scheduled State like Accepted ,Completed ,in-progress . which Dashboard  APP is showing  

Also is there a way to get a  detailed list of  items  that the Dashboard APP is showing  eg- list of all US which Release Dashboard APP is showing in Scheduled Stete, similarly for  Defects and Test Cases   not just the count

Kindly guide , I am not sure whether I am missing some basic configuration here

Regards

Prabhuramm

• 4.  Re: Facing a problem with Release Dashboard app

Posted Dec 08, 2017 04:58 AM

Prabhuam,

The app considers Defects, User Stories and Defect Suites.  It uses the 'Schedule State' Field exclusively and is not tied in anyway to the 'State' field of the Defects.  So it should be counting only Defects, User Stories, and Defect Suites in a 'Schedule State' of 'Accepted'.

Unfortunately there is not a way to get a list of what the app is using and the source code is not available to modify or inspect.  It should match the counts shown on the 'Release Status' under the 'Track' tab.  Is it possible to post screen shots of the 'Release Status' page and the app?

There aren't any configurations to update, so I don't believe you are missing anything.

Michael